It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 am 
Founder
Founder

580guy wrote:
I would like to see exclude filters available for the email report it sends me every day. I always get a long list of available add-ins ready to install. Since I check this email with my phone, I have to scroll down a bit to see what I wish. Of course I could just move those add-ins to another folder until I wish to install one of them, but I like to keep them handy in the software\add-ins folder.

You mean the Health Warnings issued by WHS, right? You can "ignore" those in the Home Server Console and then in the Remote Notification Report settings on the Configure tab, make sure the "Hide Suppressed Notifications in Reports" box is checked.

I'll keep this in mind, I've been thinking of ways to make the reports more customizable.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I meant have an exclude filter box available when recipient type "Report" is selected on either the Add or edit function of the Receive Tab , as is the case when recipient type "email" is selected. I would like to filter out these "Add-in available" messages from my report, just as I have done with the email recipient settings.

But for the time being, you're saying to select "Hide suppressed Notifications in Reports" and that will eliminate these add-in available messages from my reports?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:15 am 
Founder
Founder

I understood what you were asking for, but wanted to give you a way that you can currently get the behavior you want. I'm not sure I'll add exclude filters to the reports, but I am looking into ways to make the reports more customizable.

Yes, as long as you have checked the "Ignore" box on the Warnings in the Home Server Console, and checked the "Hide Suppressed" box in the Remote Notification settings, you shouldn't see those in the reports anymore.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 am 

Hello,
The main reason for me to use Remote Notification is the new Mac Client. Most of my Computers are now Mac Systems.
The only thing i miss in the moment is the possibility to wake up the MediaSmart Server with WOL when the Mac Starts or resumes.
It would be great if you can build in WakupOverLan Support into the MacClient.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:05 am 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to hear you like the Mac application, I've not heard much feedback on that so I'm glad to hear it is working well for you. I'll put your input on my future list, but am not sure I will add that support though I will consider it. In the mean time you might consider some of the existing Mac WOL apps:
http://www.readpixel.com/wakeonlan/

I've not tried it but WOL is a standard and I would expect it to work.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm 

Yes there are some WOL Progs for the Mac available, but i am a lazy guy :cheers: .
I did not find a solution which works for me like the LightsOut Client does under my Windows Clients.
Im searching for a Solution where when i start or Resume my Mac, the Homeserver WakesUp automatical.
Unfortunately the autor of LightsOut would not create an MacClient.
So my hope is, that you can put it in your Client :-) .

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:00 pm 
Founder
Founder

Martin actually contacted me about Mac development after I released the Mac app for Remote Notification. :) It would be a better fit in his add-in for sure. I'll keep it in mind if I do an update of the Mac software.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

How about support for MMS.att.net addresses. With the iPhone longer messages can be set over text and Pictures of graphs or such can be sent by MMS

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 pm 
Founder
Founder

T-Bone wrote:
How about support for MMS.att.net addresses. With the iPhone longer messages can be set over text and Pictures of graphs or such can be sent by MMS

I'm guessing this coming from our other discussion about Daily Reports. You can put any address you want into the recipient field, however I don't think you'll like the format of the daily report in a text message plus it will take up many text messages to transfer all that text. You are much better off using email and just checking the email on your phone.

Thanks