It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:11 am 

I recently purchased an EX470 from a company without the server recovery disc. Unfortunately it had been returned goods and the disc was not returned with it. I tried calling HP UK support on three different occasions to see if I could aquire or purchase a replacement, but each time they CSR transferred me to the Mediasmart Server team where I was put on hold for over an hour each time. Unfortunately I have to work through the day and cant really hold for any longer than this. Does anyone know of an alternative way of getting this disc?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:26 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Hello Dodger. I also have a EX470 with all of the discs. If you are desperate, i can upload an iso of them for you into Rapidshare. PM me for details.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank SteffJay for this post
AlaskanSun, AlaskanSun, dodger, Lake_rat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 am 

Hi Dodger,

I got an EX470 very cheaply on fleabay without any CDs or HDDs - Do you actually need the server recovery disc (does the server turn on OK?), or the client install/recovery ones? You can download the client install/recovery ones from the HP site. The server one is free, but can take 3 weeks to arrive (mine did anyway). The trick to getting to the right support quickly is to ask to be put through to the "MediaSmart vault team in the UK" when you are put through to the foreign tech support centre. The guys there are really helpful and sorted me out easily enough

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank serverMonkey for this post
dodger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm 

Thanks for the reply servermonkey. Each time I called I asked to be put through to the mediasmart server line where I was put on perpetual hold. I didnt think of asking for mediasmart vault instead. I wouldnt think there would be a difference? The server recovery disc is the only disc I actually needed because once the server was up and running the other software is available from a network share.

As it happens SteffJay really put himself out to help me with this so thanks again Steff, your a legend and i'm extremely grateful.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:03 pm 

I have also been having a tough time tracking down the server installation discs. If there is somewhere that someone can point me to obtain them that would be great. I have managed to obtain a ex470 that has never been configured but is missing the installation software.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:10 pm 

Check your pm snowmaker

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:20 pm 

Hey Guys,

I am in the same boat as you others, however, disc never shipped with my server and didn't notice till now (7 Months later having to do restore). Server is still under warranty and HP is giving me grief about having to buy/pay for a replacement disc (US Based). Rather then paying for the replacements + California Taxes, might I hound you for a link to download the restore disc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ADD: I should say this, they provided a Spanish version of the Disc, but I would prefer/need the english version. They gave me english/spanish for everything except the server restore disc.

Regards,

Druidic

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

do you still require these disks/assistance? :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 am 

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have just bought my EX470 (in the process of trying t oset it up). Unfortunately it didn't come with the restore discs etc. Is there any chance I could get a copy too please?

Many thaniks,

Ebo.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have PM'd you Ebo...... :D

Thanks  
Lake_rat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 am 

Hi, I am new to the HP MSS world and found a used ex470 box, unfortunatly sans restore disks.
I have gotten no where with HP. Is there a restore disk out there anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 am 

plangdon have you made any attempt to contact HP to acquire a set of recovery discs? While its been quite sometime I do recall HP being very easy to work with to obtain Recovery Discs and like most OEMS they will charge a small fee for them but thats to be expected.

I really think its wrong for anyone to sell a unit and not include the discs it just puts others in a bad way especially when your dealing with a headless system like the EX470.

Also HP is about to release this month unless they delay it again the new MSS 3.0 Software for the older MSS like the EX47x and EX48x Servers. It might be in your best interest to purchase those when made available. I would imagine you may have to register your server with them to get the discs even if its a used server.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

plangdon wrote:
Hi, I am new to the HP MSS world and found a used ex470 box, unfortunatly sans restore disks.
I have gotten no where with HP. Is there a restore disk out there anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I have PM'd you Comp1962 :wink:

Thanks  
Lake_rat, xperiate
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

was wondering if i could please get a link to the restore disc as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm 

Hi guys, Im new been a lurkey for a while but registered today. Got my first WHS which is HP Media Smart 475 or 480 not sure. All 3 discs that came with mine we're broken in half as the idiot who sent it me rested the server on top of the disc's :( Can anyone help with an ISO image of the factory reset disc so i can get it up and running? Cheers

Also whats the difference between all 3 discs??? Like Restore and Recovery?

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next