It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 am 

Hi all, I have a HP EX470 that I have decided to put into usage after storing it in a closet for a few years. It has had the v3 software updates and the basic add ins that show up in the connector console. I have also installed a 1TB drive to accompany the 500 GB that came with the unit. Recently I have tried to log in to the WHS connector console, and it freezes for extended periods of time to the point that I think the server has locked up. I logged into the server using the remote desktop (no problem at all doing this) and tried looking at the cpu loading, thinking that there might be issues with the twonky, but cpu is between 15-35% at all times, and with adequate memory to spare. I turned off the PVconnect both in the console(took me over an hour to do this), AND shut down the twonky services in task manager. No change in cpu loading and memory usage. I have tried using WHS connector with both 32bit and 64bit computers. Same symptoms.

I can drag and drop files and stream media from any computer and ps3 without any problems.

The ease of use, combined with what I saw in task manager leads me to think that the problem lies in either the connector software on the computer, or the sofware on the server itself. However, I would think that if the server had problems everything would be hosed, right?

Tried running WHS connector toolkit to find problems, and only suggestion from it was to uninstall the connector on the computer, which it said did not match the version on the server, and reinstall WHS connector from the shared file on the server, which I did. Ran toolkit again, and it said the same goddam thing! Toolkit seems to be pretty useless.

I have spent way to much time on this piece of s---, and I'm beginning to remember why I stuck this thing in the closet in the first place.

Can anybody please help me out with some suggestions on how to tackle this? I'm ready to break out the baseball bat on this thing.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 am 
Founder
Founder

Did you check "Show processes from all users" in Task Manager? Have you tried running the Console on the server via RDP to rule out a client issue? The Console is an RDP application so it's unlikely to make a difference but worth trying. If you've got the default 512mb of RAM, then things will definitely be slow. What other Add-Ins do you have installed? I'd also suggest trying the Home Server SMART Add-In to check the health of your drives.

Thanks