It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 am 

My EX470 today suddenly started to reboot each time I try to connect with the console or RDP. Right after entering the password. The server will reboot and I can see and use the shared folders. I was playing a video from it for 30mins without problem. But as soon as I use the console or login via RDP it reboots. Any one knows how to fix. I'm trying to copy all my files and go server recovery route.

Chin Lee

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46 am 

Hi cslee welcome to the forums,

If your looking to copy your files from your storage pool drives you can install them on another computer set to be able to see Hidden Files and Folders and you will be able to find your files in the hidden DE Folder at which time you can copy the files to a location of your choice. This is if I understand what you want to do and if I misunderstood please feel free to correct me.

I am not a big fan of jumping to a server recovery until I verify that all the drives in the server are in good working order which is necessary for a recovery to be successful and this is not always easy if you have a large server system but necessary.

While I can not answer why your server is rebooting when you attempt to make an RDP or Console Connection I do know it would be easier to troubleshoot with a Debug Board since you might be given a clue but its just a troubleshooting aide. However if there is something wrong with the OS then a recovery might be in order but by all means backup your data before you perform a recovery if its not backed up already.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks