It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

My EX-485 died and HP could not service the server. My hard drives which had all of my videos,photos,music is intact. I used CHDSK and found no issues. I used an ESATA to USB adapter to check all of the drives on the EX-485 bay and found no errors. Using the esata-USB adapter I tried to play video with these extensions (MP4,M4V,AVI) and none of the players ( WM,Itunes,Quick Time) seem to play the videos. I tried various JPEG programs to open the photos and it says either the file is corrupted or not a photo image file. With the MP3 music files the same problem. I cannot play the MP3 files using any popular media players.

When the EX-485 was operational I copied all of the original VIDEO/MUSIC/PHOTOS to the EX-485 respective VIDEO/MUSIC FOLDERS and then EX-485 converted the VIDEO files to HQ ( High Quality/MQ(Mobile quality) using the inbuilt HP media convertor. I can understand the HQ and MQ quality files may not play because the containers for the VIDEO used by the convertor could be different from the industry standard. But my original VIDEO files I copied into the drives were not recognized by the standard mediaplayers.

I appreciate help from the WHS server experts. All my videos since 2007 is stuck in three 1TB drives and I have no idea to recover.

Sankar

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 pm 
Founder
Founder

Moving to the Troubleshooting forum. Here is the best guide to recovering data after a server failure:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U ... 573697777f

Thanks