It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 am 

I purchased a used HP Media Server EX470 with no hard drive in it but has all drive cages and 3 DVDs and all paper work. The server will not go into recovery mode. I put 1 TB drive in lower bay powered on server and as per HP instructions pressed reset button which made health light blink purple for about 9 times then turns red and stays that way. I was running the Server Recovery Disk on a Windows XP SP 3 32bit system and five minutes or so could not find server error popped up on screen retried with same results. I also logged onto my router to see if the server would show up under any name but it did not. As a note firewall and antivirus are disabled.
I have tried to reset the server with the DVD running on three different Windows XP machines and two different routers. I also tried a direct cable from PC to Server. I have tried to put the server in recovery mode as the instruction say on HP User Guide and web page. I also tried sliding the bottom drive out, power on the server and when the purple light turns red push in the drive but still will not recognize the server. Not sure if workgroup needs to be specific but have tried various default names.
With the system drive slide out, server powered on and a red health light I pressed the reset button with a paper clip. The code: 1 blue and 5 red flashes. With the system drive in press the reset button with a paper clip, code: 1 blue and 5 red flashes.
The only thing connected to the server is one hard drive, power cable and network cable. By the way the left light on the Ethernet is green and the right light is amber with a slow blink when powered on.
I have read most of the post in this area and from what I can tell I think the Ethernet is ok based on lights. I'm thinking its my MSI files on the mother board but how can that be repaired. I read about SMI file used to create a usb boot disk, if I could get the ghost image of SMI file I would appreciate it. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Update Dec 3, 2011 I built a video cable for my HP EX470 and tried a straight boot. It stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. I plugged in my USB CD drive to the bottom slot and put an ultimate boot cd in the drive then rebooted. The cd booted into win xp pe, under my computer the hidden drive does not show up but under computer management the hidden drive shows up as Disk 1 unknown 247 MB unallocated. Which means for some reason the drive was deleted.
I need to find a copy of the SMI files or a ghost image of the files with the original bootable partition.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:10 pm 

Hi. I have the same problem. Does anyone know how do I recover it? Thanks

Thanks