It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:48 am 

First off I want to thank everyone for the time and the effort.

Well, my EX470 was giving me a system warning that the system was getting to hot, and I looked at the system under the home server connect and it said it the temp was in the high 30's to low 40's. So I thought why not just restart the server maybe it was just a false alarm.

Now I can't boot the server, so I got the USB to SATA connector so I can attach my drive a computer and now I can't login to the drive. The question I have is there a specific way to login the the hard drive outside of the server, i.e. domain name and user account.

Rognish

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 pm 

All you need to do once the drive is connected is just access the drive but also set your computer so it can see hidden files and folders. If your looking for your files on the drives they can be found in the hidden folder named DE. On the system drive it should have 2 partitions, SYS and DATA and all the storage pool drives will have the name DATA. While your looking at your Servers Drives its important that you do not make any changes to them or you could cause additional harm to their WHS Structures.

As for your server not booting your not exactly clear as to what you mean by this. For example did all the drive lights turn on red and stay red with the health light being red. Are the drive lights off but the health light is blinking blue? The lights have meanings and can often provide you with reasons why the server is not booting. The CPU temps you mention should not of been of big concern and if the CPU Temp were to become too high the server would of just shut itself down for protection.

The issue may very well be with your System Drive and if this is the drive your refering to then it appears it can be seen which also means you should be able to run CHKDSK /r on both partitions of the drive to see if the problem your experiecing can be resolved. If so then you might be able to get your server to boot again and resume using it.

Good Luck and if you need additional help or have questions please feel free to post them....... :sanjuan:

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks