It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:02 am 

Hi,

Okay, I've got a EX490 WHS with a E6300 and 4GB RAM, still running WHS v1, it has a 1TB system drive and I loaded 3 additional Seagate 1TB 7200RPM drives. Now everything had been working fine since the processor and memory upgrade then this past Thursday morning came to check on some photos I've been editing on the server and realized I had the blinking blue light and none of the drive lights were running. Been combing over the forums for ideas and saw this thread. Tried everything but I'm still a dead stick. Now I did throw the system drive into an external USB 3.0 drive case and was able to see the shares and OS files; though while the names were there, I couldn't access any of the files. Normally I back up the EX490 to an external WD 1.5TB drive, though was remiss with a crazy work schedule and have not backed it up since Sept 4th.

Is there any way to pull the data off the system drive directly? At this point I am of a mind to walk away from the EX490 and get a hp proliant microserver n40l, just wondering if there is any way to recover the last month's data.

Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:50 am 

Hi lost1bajan welcome to the forums.

The files your looking for are contained in the hidden folder DE which can be found by setting your computer to be able to view hidden files and folders. If your files were set for duplication then they should exist on 2 storage pool drives provided WHS had time to actually duplicate the file(s).

The System Drive has 2 partitions named SYS and DATA. If any files do exist on your System Drive then they will be found in the DATA Partition but WHS only uses the System Drives data partition to store files only when there is not enough space to store files on the storage pool drives.

Good luck finding what your looking for. If you chose to perform a Server Recovery which preseres your data I would recommend you try running a CHKDSK on all your server drives and see if it resolves your server issue. The other recommendation I would make would be to download WindowSMART 2012 to verify the drives are in good health.

http://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks