It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:21 am 

Hi - looking for some help in a new WHS 2011 server build. I'm currently running WHS v1 on an HP ex470. I've got about 14TB of storage (and growing) spread across the internal drives, a SansDigital eSATA and SansDigital USB enclosure. What I'd like to do is as follows, but not sure if this will all work.

1. Build a new server with WHS 2011 based on something like one of the SuperMicro or HP 1U server platforms.
2. Setup an external storage RAID like of the SansDigital EliteRAID products using an eSATA or USB 3.0 connection to the server for all storage. (http://www.sansdigital.com/eliteraid/index.php)
3. Have the Video and other shares located on the SansDigital EliteRAID rather than on the WHS 2011 server hardware so I'm less dependent on the server hardware.
4. As a final consideration, I'm thinking of running all of this under VMware ESXi. Anyone with experience?

What I'm not sure of is if this all works - the ESXi part is optional if that complicates this.

Thanks,

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!