It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I've been fiddling around with a WHS2011, testing things out before i make a full switch, and one of my new main goals is to start shutting down the other computers at night. Since they mostly have been running for the stupid reason to act as media players, a low voltage Xeon based system is a better system to play the streaming radio on during the night. But for some reason, i can log on locally, and sound plays back just fine over a Creative Soundblaster Audiology 2 ZS but when i remote to the system with the setting to play sounds on the "remote system" ie, keep sound on the hardware of the server, the speaker icon gets the red cross thingy, and i get told there is no playback hardware installed. What the heck is going on?
Admittedly, i intended to use Mediaplayer Classic & a shortcut to the playlist put in the autostart along with a few other things, have the system autolog-on, and then promptly boot the user back out to the login screen. That way the music will play as ling as nothing causes the mediaplayer to fail, or the stream to time out. But if the system is going to be "always on" then a way to restart the music would be nice, along with the fact that the sound dies as if someone chopped it's head of when you log on remotely...

Does anyone know whats going on, and how to get around it?

What i've done so far:
Installed the drivers only for the soundcard (Run the installer you download from Creatives site. Grab the package for Windows 7 x64. When the select language screen shows up, leave it hanging, and hit the device manager. Select the soundcard, select update driver, and go with automatic, and it will find the unpacked install files, and hook you up. When all is said and done, abort the installer you left hanging, and reboot. You probably don't need to reboot, i just did it anyway.)

Turned the service for Windows Audio to Auto, so that the sound actually gets kicking.

For no real reason, when nothing else made the host sound stick around when i logged on remotely i went through the trouble to enable the "play sound on client" for the RDP. Since there is no virtual device installed it will fail regardless, if i try to playback sound on the client, and i didn't really think it would help, but i still tried it. No go.

Anyone got any ideas at all?
B!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!