It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I dont think the errors are related, usually that needs a reboot to fix. But your screenshot shows you are not in the correct place for the Easter Egg, thats held under Settings and not in the page you show.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
PhoenixReborn

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

When you are getting this error:
"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it", it's usually not an authentication problem, simply because the server rejected the connection before you were even able to present the credentials.

If it's the real error, this is usually because
a)There is a firewall in the way,
b)The server is blocking your incoming requests, or
c)Something is blocking your outgoing port requests.

Sure reboot the server (that's a great first step in resolving any problem) and if that corrects the problem then great! If the error remains unchanged then I'd look at your firewall, disabling your firewall should be almost as easy as rebooting. That of course is not a solution, only a step in isolating the issue. I believe one needs to find the source of an issue to resolve it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:41 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Disabling the firewall isnt really a good way to diagnose errors. That particular error is something we see from time to time and something HP could probably fix but wont.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm 
Founder
Founder

See item 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5657

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Interesting that many users are reporting the issue, but not all users. That rebooting the server may or may not fix the issue....

Beyond that what?

What I notice is of the two current threads with console issues they both have installed antivirus software, that blocks... It can be seen in their screen shots. Not all users find it necessary to run some form of antivirus software. A few have even suggested not running it. I suggest turning off the Avast! to see if it makes a difference, that takes all of what, 10 minutes if you're slow?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm 
Founder
Founder

Daveed wrote:
Interesting that many users are reporting the issue, but not all users. That rebooting the server may or may not fix the issue....

Many users, myself included, no longer use the Server Status tab as that is what causes the problem. There is a bug in the HP code that causes the inter process communication to fail, I've not heard an explanation of what causes it but if you have the Server Status tab activated it will eventually happen and require a reboot.

Quote:
Beyond that what?

Unfortunately beyond that we are SOL since HP has withdrawn from the Home Server market and won't be patching the issue in their software.

Quote:
What I notice is of the two current threads with console issues they both have installed antivirus software, that blocks... It can be seen in their screen shots. Not all users find it necessary to run some form of antivirus software. A few have even suggested not running it. I suggest turning off the Avast! to see if it makes a difference, that takes all of what, 10 minutes if you're slow?

Sure, feel free to troubleshoot issues, however that should be in a new topic as Nigel has informed the user that he is not accessing the right icon to visit the light show feature.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
engstruct
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yes, problem solved (kind of), thank you (I had the same problem as engstruc- looking at the wrong place- but didnt bother asking for help). I was able to access the settings, but the light show doesn't play. The lights don't even dim or brighten under the normal display. bummer.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

mine works as described. thanks guys. i know this isnt a 'necessity' but why not have fun.

Thanks