It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I was attempting to download a file from a share on the home server. Currently at work, we're on a fiber network here, not sure exactly what the "down" speeds would be rated but I've no reason to suspect that's the bottleneck. I watched the file start out downloading at 120 kb/sec and quickly become slower and slower...right now it's still trickling down from 8.7 kb/sec...8.6......8.5....I have a feeling it won't stop and go past 0 and start taking the file back from what's already downloaded. rude.

Technically my ISP's service at home is rated 22mbps down/1mbps up; Not the fastest...but what I'm actually getting "up" seems like somethings wrong. Should I immediately point the finger at my isp? Or are there some things I can try in Vail to remedy this? I'm no network expert...

I'm wondering if I setup an FTP server if I would notice the same speeds as maybe it's a bug in Vail's webserver? Anyone else getting decent speeds on a similar setup with Vail's webserver shares?

...3.9kb/sec

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

...okay now Chromes just saying 2503 bytes/sec and quickly falling...something can't be right.

And now it's stopped altogether...Chrome has stopped downloading with only 1.8mb received.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 pm 

After removing McAfee, Wireless transfer speed increases from 225 KB / s for more than 5 MB / s. It is more than 20 times in the transfer of speed.Not too bad for the transfer of 6.5 GB of data on a network. I am sure there are other options that can be done at a higher rate increase, but for now, which is very acceptable when loading data from the old computer to new.

Thanks  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]