It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I reinstalled over the weekend, mostly due to sourcing a new set of drives, it was time to replace some of the constantly overheating ones, and while i was at it, i sorted out a second fan, and dusted the thing out.
Turns out a second fan was next to useless, the system just didn't want to let the fans spin above idle... So i pulled the PWM lead on both, and now have a 3000rpm, and a 1800 rpm fan.
Guess i could have done without the second fan... Since i went with a Noctus fan it's going to last longer then i like anyway, so for now, they are both spinning away happily.

Anyway. As you can see, the "Data Vault" tab of the software simply doesn't work.
Attachment:
error.png
error.png [ 126.29 KiB | Viewed 15081 times ]

The other tabs work just fine, and it's not really much of an issue, but if anyone knew how to sort it out, i think i would. It sort of just looks broken, and for no good reason, so to speak...

I might be best of adding that this is locally on the X310, using remote desktop. I seam to try and avoid using the connector, but if i do fire a PC with it up, and check in on the X310, it shows the tab just fine.
Any ideas? Anyone? Did it crap out during install, and if so, can it be reinstalled?

Cheers.
B!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:38 pm 

Are you saying that you see the screen you posted in the pic when you make a Remote Desktop Connection to the server but if you run the console from a client it shows up normally? I just want to make certain I understand what your saying.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:56 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Yes. If i log on locally using Remote desktop, and run the WHS Console, i get that error. Experimenting a little have given me the opportunity to see it try and download something, but it seams to time out rather then actually get anything, and then it pops up the error message.

Launching the WHS console from another PC, works fine.

Weird.
B!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm 

I have a couple X310's, only one has a debug board installed but tomorrow I will fire one up and see if I see the same thing your seeing but I will do it with both to see if I see the same thing as you but on the one with the debug board I can logon locally so I am more curious then anything.

Since its working on the client side I see no reason for me to install the client software on a computer. The only difference in my setup would be the server would only have one drive and not setup for remote access.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:56 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Yeah, logging in locally using the debug board, or using remote desktop cant make any difference. But i think you'll find yours working as expected. I', wondering if this is something that went wrong with my recent install, or if it's a source on-line that is no longer available, and it thinks it "needs" it for what ever reason.
B!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 pm 

I took a look an everything is working as expected. Its just weird it runs fine in a console connection but not in a Remote Desktop Connection. I figured it would be worth a quick peek because while I do own a couple x310's which are part of my collection I do not actually run them.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:56 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Yeah, as i said, i'm suspecting something went wrong somewhere, and the question then becomes... What, and what else? But for now it seams to behave, and currently the system is under quite a bit of load, so i'll leave it as it is for now, might end up restoring it once more after this weekend, and see if that fix anything.

Anyway, thank you for checking it out on your end.
B!

Thanks