It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:35 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I tried this before but failed because I couldn't find stable drivers for my machine but I am attempting to get the lights working on my EX490 and my understanding is that the program that fixes these requires intel rapid store technology drivers to be installed on the mediasmart. Does anyone know of a stable version of these drivers for my setup or have a download link for them? Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

You might want to try using this site for reference. You should use a test hard disk to try it on as I remember reading there was some issue about going from Matrix to IRST.

There is lots of good stuff on the subject. Check some of the referenced links as this site is quite broad:

https://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Which-a ... ivers.html

Installed on the ex49x (from the v3.0 recovery disk) is Intel Matrix Storage Manager v8.2.0.1001 on a ICH9 Chipset. My suggestion before you attempt the below would be do set a baseline benchmark for access to the primary drive and follow up with the same after you change drivers to make sure you're not moving backwards. Upgrade first to the newest Matrix driver (it would be prior to v9.5.0.1037 identified below), then to the v11.2.0.1006 IRST driver, benchmarking each step. Anything newer likely wouldn't work on the MSS chipset.

Below from win.raid.com:

The first final version of the IRST series was v9.5.0.1037. It has been compiled by Intel on 10/23/2009, got the WHQL stamp from Microsoft on 10/09/2009 and has been officially released by Intel on 01/16/2010. In July 2011 Intel decided to change their IRST driver management and functionality by adding a separate SCSI filter driver named iaStorF.sys and renaming the AHCI/RAID driver from iaStor.sys to iaStorA.sys. The first IRST drivers series with the new 2-drivers-strategy were v11.5.0.1149 and released in March 2012. Due to the presence of the additional SCSI filter driver the behavior of these new IRST(e) drivers from v11.5 up is considerably different to the "conventional" RST series using just 1 single driver named iaStor.sys (last version: v11.2.0.1006) and very similar to the special IRST "Enterprise Edition" (IRSTe) v3.x.x.xxxx drivers for X79 chipsets. To make these differences as clear as possible for the users, I have added an "e" in brackets to all IRST drivers from v11.5 up.

Function and (dis)advantages of the IRST/IRST(e) Software
The Software, which is part of all complete IRST packages and will be installed automatically by running the installer, has the following main components:
• the IRST Service (IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe), which is monitoring the IRST functions in the background as a special Win7/Win8 Service, and
• the IRST Console (IAStorUI.exe), which gives the user some storage system information and the opportunity to create a RAID array and to do some RAID settings from within the running OS.
Although the IRST Service and Console may be useful for Intel RAID or AHCI users, they are not really essential. The management of the Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers is exclusively done by the IRST/IRST(e) drivers without the assistance of any IRST software component (except the "Write-back Caching" feature for RAID users). That is why it is possible to waive the IRST/IRST(e) Software completely and to just install the Intel AHCI/RAID drivers manually from within the Device Manager without risking any errors or malfunctions.

Advantages of the IRST Software installation:
1. AHCI and RAID: monitoring of some details regarding the drives, which are connected to the Intel SATA AHCI resp.RAID Controller
2. only RAID: creation, repairing and modification of a RAID array from within the OS
3. only RAID: enabling of the "Write-Back-Caching" feature (boost of the write performance in RAID mode)

Disadvantages of the IRST Software installation:
1. extension of the boot time
2. additional demand of resources (the IRST Service usually runs permanently in the background)
3. possible increase of system instability (some IRST Software versions have severe bugs)

Tips:
AHCI users, who want a stable, performance system, should only load/install the IRST drivers and not the complete IRST package.

For RAID users I recommend to temporarily install the complete IRST/IRST(e) Drivers & Software Set just to get benefit of the "Write-Back-Caching" and the related write performance boost. After having enabled this feature, the "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" software can be uninstalled from within the Control Panel. Important: Once the "Write-Back-Caching" is enabled, the OS will keep this setting even after an update of the in-use RAID driver- no further RST Console Software installation will be required.

Installation of the Intel RST Software:

• Per Intel Web site: To upgrade to Intel® Rapid Storage Technology from Intel® Matrix Storage Manager, follow these steps:

Download the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology from Download Center. Double-click the file to install the software. Restart the computer
• Don't install any Intel RST Software version on top of another one. If you have already an Intel RST Software running, uninstall it and reboot, before you install another RST Software version.
• A proper function of the Intel RST Software requires the presence of .NET Framework v3.5.
Consequence: Before you start with the installation of the Intel RST Software, you should make sure, that Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 has been already installed (open the "Control Panel" > "Programs" > "Programs and Features" > "Turn Windows Features on or off"). The option ".NET Framework 3.5" has to be checked. After having turned this "Windows Feature" on, a reboot is required.
• The Intel RST Software can be installed either by running the SetupRST.exe file as part of a complete "RST Drivers & Software Set" or by executing the RST_x32.msi (for a 32bit OS) or RST_x64.msi (for a 64bit OS). The latter option will install just the RST Software and no drivers.
• After having finished the installation of the RST Software, you have to reboot.
• Now you will see the "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" within the Start Menu or as an "App" of your Windows OS.
• Be aware, that some RST Services are automatically running in the background (unless you disable them manually) and may drop your system performance.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks