It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:32 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Has anyone experienced music streaming issues over the internet? I frequently listen to my music at work and encounter an issue occasionally where the song abruptly ends before completion. The next song begins immediately without any unusual pause. I have a few large mp3s of mixed together songs that I created and it seems to happen more frequently with them. HP tech support seems to think it's a bandwidth issue on the server end. I currently have cable internet service with an advertised 300 Kbps upload speed although a more realistic value may be 200 Kbps based upon my research. When this issue occurs, an application event is generated on the server:

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event: 1309
Event Code: 3001
Event Message: The request has been aborted
Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/pvconnectremote-3-128992679410937500
Application Path: c:\Twonkymedia\remote\
Exception Type: HttpException
Exception Message: Request timed out

I would have included all the information on the event but I've connected to my server remotely and can't cut and paste. I will provide anything else if requested.

I've read that this is an issue with HP software and won't be resolved until the update is provided for the LX195 later this year.

I plan on contacting my service provider today and upgrading to the next higher plan. For an additional $6/mo they advertise 500Kbps upload speed.

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:27 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I use the LX 195 to stream both internet radio stations and my own music files. I use the Logitech Squeezecenter program installed on the LX 195 to stream. I can stream MP320 internet radio as well as 24bit 48khz FLAC files with no buffering and I'm doing both wireless. The path= Comcast internet modem =>HP LX 195 (running Logitech SqueezeCenter)=>Linksys 54g=>SqueezeBox receiver=> home stereo.
I do a "Network test" occasionally and can see +700kbs all day long. So I don't think that your LX 195 is necessarily causing it. If you have a WIFI in your system, I would look there.
HTH
John

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thank you for the reply. I don't seem to have an issue streaming music within my network. My issue is streaming music to my workplace computer. Yesterday I upgraded my plan and not have a 500Kbps upload speed and it seems to be working better. I'll experiment over the next few days.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Following up on my previous streaming issues, I've since installed Subsonic and absolutely love it! All of my issues have gone away. I turned off both Twonkymedia and Mediasharing.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:38 am 

I am looking for the streaming music but i have not any source of that kind of music my home have good speed upto 2 mbps and i am also searching this from last week so please tell me some specific site or suggestion for this music.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 am 

I don't use Twonky although recently I did extract the 5.1.x.x from an update to see if it would work both on an EX470 and ProLiant and it seems to run ok.

However:

What I find that works best for music streaming particularly online is SubSonic. The program is a Java Script that runs as a service on your WHS. It has its own User Data Base so your not restricted to the 10 users that WHS limits you to. It had Podcast functions, upload and download and playlist functions and a few other things I have yet to play with.

I have run it on an EX470 with 2GB of RAM and Stock Processor and the only time it became a real issue is when demigrator kicks in. I now have it running on a ProLiant running WHS and its smooth so if you have a duel core MSS or DIY WHS unit you should be in good shape. However any process installed on the server that has high CPU utilization will always interfear with a streaming process. If you can elliminate such processes then you can increase the reliability of your stream however you can not elliminate demigrator but if your only using Twonky for Music Streaming then shut it down and Try Subsonic or try running Twonky with Subsonic to see if they can co-habitate together. I know Twonky does other things but if you do not use its other features then I urge you to shut it down and use SubSonic its not processor intensive and works very well and its FREE.

To get SubSonic Click on the Link Below:

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/download.jsp

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks