It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:25 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I stupidly set the HP Video Converter against a folder with months worth of video to chew through and now cannot get the GUI to respond to disable the check box "Enable Video Conversion". How can I stop the processing of the Video Conversion?

This is on an EX470 with the March release of the software.

(And here's a vote for not putting all services into one NT Service...WPF is run by the same Video Conversion service)

Thanks,
Dan ](*,)

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:56 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have exactly the same problem with the same hardware. I tried to uncheck the box, but it doesn't work. Is there any solution. All my clips are now converted.

Thanks,

Klode

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

If the server is non responsive, reboot it and quickly RDP into it as soon as all of the lights turn blue. Run taskmgr.exe and end arcsofttranscode engine and any other process taking up high amount of CPU. Quickly launch the console from the RDP session and disable the converter service and cancel any pending conversions.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Grumble grumble. After not using it for video conversion for a couple of years, I fell into this old trap. I ticked the tickbox and cannot untick it. However, none of the various tips I have found have helped me to stop the converter. I have:

- Followed the steps outlined here, but there is no arcsoft process listed in the task manager, so I have nothing to stop. Maybe it changed names?
- THere is no HP Transcoding Service to be stopped in the Windows Services.
- I tried reconfiguring it to a different, empty input directory. That seems to have no impact on the existing queue.
- There is an AVTRAN~.EXE file that uses a lot of the CPU. There seems to be no way to stop it. When I stop it, it immediately restarts.
- CPU use is at 100% most of the time. Main culprits are demigrator.exe, AVTRAN and HPmssService.exe at the moment.

Ideas welcome.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:33 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

It is the AVTRAN.exe program in Task Manager. The problem is that your killing the one process. Then it starts converting the next file and so on. So if you have say 100 files that need to be converted, you would have to kill the process 100 times.

Do a RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) to the server and go to the folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\HomeServerConsole then double clip (run) AdminConsoleWpfBrowserApplication.xbap That should start the Console in a web browser. Then open HP Conversion to untick the process.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Unfortunately, opening that file in a browser still does not allow me to uncheck the box. It is trundling through the 200+ files I accidentally put in the queue, even though I changed the configuration to use a different input directory.

More ideas still welcome.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:37 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Rename the files? I suggest just adding a _ to the trailing end of it. 1 file will refuse to be renamed, since it will be active, but the rest should change over nicely. Once the active file is completed, it wont find the next one, and should stop on it's own. Fix the problem, and then change the name of the files back again...
B!

Thanks