It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:51 am 

Hello all,
I have just bought an Ex470 for home use (talk about being late for the party)
The seller gave me the admin details but when I try to install the connector it says the password is incorrect. As the seller is refusing to give me the other password I am forced to reset the whole thing but do not have any disks, cannot buy them either.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be for ever in their debt.

Thank you

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:39 pm 

I am also seeking the 470/475 recovery disk as I have inherited a 475 with no disks.

Searched everywhere for these and no dice. Praying someone will PM us...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:45 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have all of the disks. Please thank ChemicalJoy for PM'ing me.

I need a good spot to upload them... I have all 3 CD's ripped into iso's. If you have a good spot to upload them to so everyone can get in and grab them, please let me know. I have no long term storage anywhere. Prefer something I don't have to manage.

If I don't reply within a day or two, please PM me. I'm online everyday, however, my little EX470 is now a dust collector. I should just sell it, but I feel bad letting it go for so cheap and maybe not to a good home :(

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank djyox for this post
PapaMac
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:54 pm 

http://umhost.net.br/downloads/HomeServ ... COVERY.ISO

I've uploaded this iso to a friend.
Tell me When you finishes!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Ruy_Go for this post
mikeyman2171
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:33 pm 

Hello.
I'm seeking the ex470 recovery disk. Someone can share links to download?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 pm 

flasto.refold wrote:
Hello.
I'm seeking the ex470 recovery disk. Someone can share links to download?

My Disk not work for u?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:45 am 

Also looking for EX 475 disk...tried all links provided none worked.
Regards

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:24 pm 

djyox wrote:

I need a good spot to upload them... I have all 3 CD's ripped into iso's. If you have a good spot to upload them to so everyone can get in and grab them, please let me know. I have no long term storage anywhere. Prefer something I don't have to manage.

If I don't reply within a day or two, please PM me. I'm online everyday, however, my little EX470 is now a dust collector. I should just sell it, but I feel bad letting it go for so cheap and maybe not to a good home :(

I too have misplaced (most likely discarded) my EX475 install & recovery discs. I purchased server years ago when they were first introduced and have increased size to 4.5TB and have over 35 years of family movies and pictures digitized and stored on the server. Recently, I was unable to connect to internet and for some dumb reason, activated the reset button before checking for the discs. Now the unit will not boot up at all and it appears that I must complete the recovery process. To make matters worse, problem was bad port on ethernet switch.

Unless someone can tell me how to reverse the recovery/reset mode activated when i pressed the reset, I will need to obtain discs. In my 80th year, I do misplace or forget things more often. I would hate to loose these memories.

I do not have any long term storage and I believe most free services limit duration of storage to 7 days or less.
djyox, would appreciate it very much if you could share the ISOs for the three discs. I know of 2 sites (FileDropper and SendThisFile) that are free and handle file sizes up to 5GB.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:28 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

If all else fails one could purchase a 4-6 tb red drive and a usb to sata dock and copy all the files/data to that new drive. Then at least you would have a backup and then maybe pickup an extra ex-470 on ebay with the disks and some spare parts.

I keep extra servers/sata docks / power supplies/ harddrives on hand (just in case).
My data also goes back to the 286 / dos 3 days and can not lose it.

Good luck

P.S. Once you get up and running, the free smart addin is a must have if you didn't have it already and backups of the stuff you can't lose onsite and offsite is really best.

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:02 am 

I managed to find a live torrent for HPMSSRECOVERY.ISO !!! Unfortunately I don't recall where I got the torrent file from. I'm not technically familiar with how torrents work, so not sure if uploading the .torrent file to any old webspace for people to download would work.

In any case, this was a real thorn in my side to track down so if anyone is in need PM me and I can work on getting the 4gb iso file to you. OFFER ONLY VALID TO PEOPLE WITH VALID LICENSE FOR WHS (or whatever I need to do to keep this offer legal)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 pm 

djyox wrote:

Did you ever find a spot to post these? I'm in desperate need of the recovery CD for an ex470/475. I saw the link that was posted above, but it's for an ex48x which I'm worried might be different software.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 pm 

sorry to bump up this topic again, but does someone have the torrent file or iso,s to the HP Media Server Software.
just bought an 490 but didn't get the discs with it :(

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:13 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Does someone want to host a dropbox account or something? I don't even have the server anymore but I'm all for those of you who are still running it. I'd like to dump somewhere.

EDIT: I'll make a new email account and set up a google drive account and host there. I will share the link through here. I get real busy so sorry for delays, please feel free to PM me to bring me back around and start working on this again. :sanjuan:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:20 pm 

Hi folks,

I just acquired a EX475 with no hard drives in it.

I popped in a pair of WD 2TB green drives (I hope they're supported) and now I'm in the process of trying to set it up.

It looks like I, like many before me here, will need the ISO files.

Does anyone have a link they can share?

Thanks in advance,
MB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have created a new Drive. I ripped the disks to ISO, then zipped them. Please find here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank djyox for this post
himpact, Memnoch9299, metzen, SoarX
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next