It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Probably worth a quick call to HP to see if they can help as it's licensed media they have been helpful to others in the past.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Does anyone have a link to download the v3.0 recovery disk? I can't order the 3.0 disc anymore and need some help. Thanks guys!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 pm 

I'm trying to help a friend rebuild his HP EX470. He lost the recovery cd. I've called HP and they would not help since they said they have discontinue the product. I'm not looking for the 3.0 version, just looking for the original cd, anyone able to help out?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:24 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

hyeung01 wrote:
I'm trying to help a friend rebuild his HP EX470. He lost the recovery cd. I've called HP and they would not help since they said they have discontinue the product. I'm not looking for the 3.0 version, just looking for the original cd, anyone able to help out?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry my friend but unfortunately, due to the US closing all their server sharing portals, as much as i would liked to have helped you with your request, i am unable to. :( However, you could try Bittorrents for the software there.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank SteffJay for this post
hyeung01
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:23 pm 

hmmm this is crap. Beginning to hate HP, such a waste.
Anyone here willing to make a copy of the cd and ship it to me. i'm willing to pay for your time (paypal)??!!??

I know it's a long shot but it's better then have an ex470 server being wasted.

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Had the same problem this weekend. Tried to purchase but does not seem to be possible. Torrent was the only option I could find. No luck though on finding the 3.0 upgrade but at least the WHS is back up and running. Also resolved myself to creating an UNRaid box - The EX470 has been a great servant but unsupported it makes no sense.

Tolax

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank tolax for this post
hyeung01
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:42 pm 

Thanks Tolax
I was able to find it in torrent named HPMSSRecovery.iso (hope it's the right one, does 4.10GB sound right?!?). I rather still buy it and get the right one then to get it from torrent site that I don't even know what i'm download but it seem like it the only way now.

My offer still stand to anyone wanting to ship me the cd and i'll pay for your time and cost :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:48 pm 

Hi I'm looking for the EX470 recovery CD version 3.0 , is someone able to upload a iso copy on my FTP share?

Hopefully someone can help my out.

Thanks,
Speed4us

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm 

Hello SteffJay,

A long time ago you add this link but i dont know if this is Recovery Disk v1.1 or 3.0. I'm looking for v3.0.

Thanks a lot for your help in this forums.

Last edited by yakuza on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removed link to copyright protected material

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

betobens wrote:
Hello SteffJay,

A long time ago you add this link but i dont know if this is Recovery Disk v1.1 or 3.0. I'm looking for v3.0.

Thanks a lot for your help in this forums.

Due to file sharing restrictions in the US, these files are no longer available to other people. Sorry. :? Try bittorrents, they may still be available there.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm 

I guess I have been dropped in the same boat as many others here. I am looking for the EX470 Server Recovery disc 3.0 or 3.3 and I will pay for the duplication and mailing costs. I am not offering to pay for the software as this would be piracy. I have spoken to HP and since they have in fact discontinued all support for this MediaSmart Server, they said to see if I could find a copy from someone on these forums. If you have the disc and would be willing to copy it, send me a PM and I will reimburse you all costs for your time and trouble to mail it to me. Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm 

I happen to own a set of 3.x disks and at the time I purchased them I have 3 EX470's after installing it on the first and playing with it I opted not to install it on the other 2. I saw it as putting additional load on the EX470 which has 2GB of RAM and a Duel Core Processor (BE2300). Some of the features had misc bugs that needed to be corrected and then the big one was fixing the issue with Twonkey which HP created and Alex resolved.

Now I also run other servers with WHS v1 OEM and simply put whatever the 3.x had to offer you can accomplish using other software and do it more efficiently too. The big tax on the server which some view as a plus is the media collector and converter which collects your media from the server and clients then converts them into a format which you can stream online using the 3.x software. Now this seems attractive but its a very intensive load on the server and depending on what needs to be processed can take days or weeks or longer.

You can stream music and video using ORB, SubSonic or Remote Potato. I believe one should rip their media on a client and then transfer the media to the server thus taking that load off the server keeping it free to perform other more important tasks thus reducing the impact of slowing down ones server. The iTunes feature I can not comment on because I never use it. The photo options are nice but using the ADD-IN Whiist makes that somewhat easier.

Now if you have your heart set on finding the 3.x disks I wish you luck but you may want to try the SanEncore ADD-IN which you can review at the links below:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/in ... _the_EX47x
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/add-ins/#SanEncore

If you perform a site search on SanEncore you can find posts from others who have installed it and find out more about it. I personally never utilized this ADD-IN but it might be an alternative worth considering and you can ask others who have run it about it and see if they tell you its worth installing or not.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm 

If the v1.1 OEM works good, I don't mind using them. I was under the impression that 3.x had upgrades that made the server work better. I am willing to accept a copy of the 3 OEM discs, but where can I get them? Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Comp1962 wrote:
Now if you have your heart set on finding the 3.x disks I wish you luck but you may want to try the SanEncore ADD-IN which you can review at the links below:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/in ... _the_EX47x
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/add-ins/#SanEncore

If you perform a site search on SanEncore you can find posts from others who have installed it and find out more about it. I personally never utilized this ADD-IN but it might be an alternative worth considering and you can ask others who have run it about it and see if they tell you its worth installing or not.

THe 2.5 update using the SanEncore method was the most stable I tried on the ex470. I could never get the v3 working properly. If Twonky didn't suck in v3 it would be ok but it doesn't and I've tried everything to get it working correctly. My entire 2500 movie library is parsed and catalogued correctly by Twonky in v2.5 on my ex470 but as I mentioned, nothing has ever been able to get it working properly in v3

I have an x510 and twonky sucks on it as well

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:11 pm 

My gf has a DLNA TV and I am not sure if it came with Twonky or she purchased it or what the history of it was but the very first time she heard me mention Twonky she said it sucks too.

If you remember when HP released an update with Twonky in it around the time they were selling the 3.0 disk sets someone posted a method on how to extract Twonky out of the update file. Now out of curiousity I did that and proceeded to install it on my WHS OEM server and it actually ran ok but then again I have no real need for Twonky basically because I do not have any DLNA Devices accept a WD TV Live which works with or without Twonky.

I believe Serviio is a better alternative to Twonky which I did test out an older version not the newer version that just came out.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next