It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:13 pm 

Hello and good evening everyone, :whs: :hp:

I have finally got around to joining this group after purchasing an Hp Media smart server. I only know that the machine is stock and I have media, V2 for this machine. I trying to recover this machine because I have a Asus TS mini server and I wanted to increase my storage and functionality of this product line. I am having this issue with recovery and I have posted it up on YouTube for your viewing. I can try to describe it but seeing is better. please take a look and give me some advise.
thank you.

https://youtu.be/aiJNNJ33d7w

:sanjuan:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Is there any data of your on that system? If No.
What drives do you have in it?

I will start you off with how to load the mediasmart server.
1) you need to have the 3 cd's that come with it.
2) you need the server recovery cd in a laptop or desktop that is direct connected to the server via a cat5 cable.
3) the server is off and you run the setup on the laptop or desktop and follow the instructions.
it will tell you to power up the server and wait for the red/blue/red/blue/red/blue lights then press and release the tini button in the tini hole in the front by the lights with a paperclip.
4) then the light should turn to purple and the software will try to find the server.

That will get ya started, it will take about 30-60 minutes to load and at some point it will want to reboot, maybe a couple of times.
At some point the server will come on and the lights will be blue and breathing/pulsing.
At this point I would power it down and attach it to the network and attach the laptop/desktop you were using to the network and then get the software cd and install the software and let the server get all the hp updates and microsoft updates.

If you make it this far you are almost done.

All drives should be 2tb or smaller and in good shape. The bottom drive is the os drive and should be the best and biggest IMO.

Goodluck shout out if you have problems. it can be tricky and there are some tricks to get it to work if it fails.

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks