It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 am 

Hi,

on 3rd of April the Power Supply on my EX475 failed, I contacted HP Support in the UK on the 4th, they took my details and explained to me that they would arrange for collection of the dead unit and a replacement at the same time. Great I though, nice easy swap out.

Later that day the repair center contacted me, it seems they currently had no replacement units available, they would contact me as soon as HP had sent them some.

2 weeks later I contaced HP again to see what was going on, after a couple of days of phone calls, many promises of return calls (none of which happend) HP decided that all they could tell me was that after 28 days I would be entitled to a free product.

I'm disappointed that:
* after 3 weeks, I still have no working WHS server
* HP seem in no rush to provide me with a replacement
* HP still can't even give me a date for replacement

I'm interested to hear from the fourm if:
1. Anyone else has suffered a failed power supply?
2. Has anyone in the UK had a replacement unit from HP?

I'm not sure what else I can do other than loose my temper with HP? I'm begining to regret purchasing a pre built unit... had I built my own server from stock components I would have been up and running again within a few days.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:29 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Sorry to here of your problem.
My MSS had a fault. Had didn't realy have any major problems. What I will say is that when they do finaly swap out your machine ensure that you remove the hard drives and caddies. The replacement that I was sent didn't have either so had to waita further 2 days whilst these were obtained (from Germany I believe)

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:16 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

fwiw it looks to be a relatively standard flex atx unit

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:05 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

If this goes anything like the issue I had with the primary drive bay cooling fan on my MediaVault it took more than 10 weeks.

After 7 weeks HP sent me a 6MP digital camera free as an apology, and after 8 weeks £50 of vouchers for a UK store. No spares were available from HP in China to the UK HP Service Centre and eventually the whole machine was replaced foc after 10 weeks.

HP UK told me the problem was lack of available spare parts, but I was getting pretty frustrated by the end - particularly with the UK Service Centre who were very poor at keeping me up to date with progress (lots of non-returned phone calls and broken promises).

I now have a number of external USB drives onto which data can be ported in the event of a problem, but even so I was less than impressed.

I hope your issue is resolved quickly.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:21 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

...........and now after five months the power supply on my EX470 has died overnight so I guess I'm going to be without the machine for several weeks too.

Is there a problem here? PSU's should last a good deal longer than this is HP are serious about these machines being left on permanently.

Not happy........just off to phone HP and see what support the UK is now able to offer.

UPDATE 09:00 - HP Support tell me that I should receive a call from the UK Repair Centre within 8 hours, and that a new chassis should be sent out. He advised me to remove all caddies and drives, and interestingly that I should not give the courier the unserviceable unit until I had installed, commissioned and checked its replacement and confirmed that it was working properly.

I'm now awaiting a call, but let's just say that after last year's experience I'm prepared to be disappointed. Still, I could get another digital camera and some more Marks & Spencer vouchers as an apology if the pattern repeats itself.......

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

17:18 22/05/2008 Update

Having got the anticipated silence from HP Support & Repair Centre, I chased again and there are currently no available replacements in the UK, nor any ETA of when there might be, so if your MSS dies here, it could well be weeks until you get a replacement.

Now awaiting a call from HP Customer Care with an explanation as to what they are (or aren't) going to do about this.

Thanks