It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 am 

The Debug Cable will indeed make a world of a difference because you will get to see the servers desktop just as you do when you use any computer. I am confident you will get it to work.

Please keep one thing in mind as you go forward and that is to perform a server recovery using the USB-LAN Adapter has a different process in that you will need to expose and copy the SMI files from your server and then you will need to add the USB-LAN Drivers to the copy of the SMI files and slightly edit a hidden file to allow the recovery software to actually load the LAN Drivers. All that then has to be copied onto a bootable USB Flash Drive. When you do perform a recovery in this way the server will properly find the drivers and do its magic but at some point in the recovery the server will have no clue about the drivers and will see the USB-LAN Adapter and will ask you for the drivers at which time you will load them and the recovery will complete and you will be back in business.

Others have gotten the USB-LAN adapter working. Many have had some issues either purchasing a different brand or loading the wrong drivers. The real hard part is not knowing what others have done with their servers over time but using a Debug Cable takes the mystery out of the equation.

Good Luck with with using the Debug Cable and if there is anything I can do to help you along always feel free to ask because I am on here daily and they still let me hang around too.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Comp1962 for this post
Loomer

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Latest: video adapter arrived today along with 2GB memory upgrade (I figured I might as well upgrade the memory while I have the box open). Video adapter worked as advertised and I found that the issue which was preventing the blind recovery with a new USB-NIC was a very persistent message about the Firefly Service which wouldn't go away or yield the focus until I configured it. That done, I tried to get the original NIC working (it says "working" but isn't) without success so I disabled it to suppress error messages about being disconnected. Then I installed the Sabrent USB-NIC and, since I could see what I was doing, got it operating. So, the Mediasmart is recognized by my router and assigned an IP. It can access the network since it had quite a few Windows updates pending and they were installed successfully. It can ping my other computers.

However, I can't connect to the server from my other computers. The blind-install-of-a-USB-NIC instructions said that it might be necessary to reinstall the client Connector software. I can't get it to do so using http:/my_server_name:55000, so I tried reinstalling from the original Mediasmart CDROM. Software installs, but claims it can't find the server. I can't get a ping response to the IP I know is assigned to the server. I even tried changing the server's workgroup from WORKGROUP to my actual workgroup name and it now appears as a member of the workgroup, but any attempt to access it fails.

Arghhh! I feel like I am so close to being back in operation, but am stymied in the home stretch. What am I missing?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Latest: I'm increasingly of the opinion that the problem in connecting to the EX470 is the D-Link DIR-655 router configuration. Once upon a time (about 5 weeks ago), everything was happy here. Then a lightening strike literally next door took out my Linksys router and the Ex470 NIC along with some other devices. So, I've never had the EX470 operating under the D-Link router. The router shows the server by name and IP address. The network activity lights on both the router and new USB-NIC on the server are winking away. Packets are moving to and from the server and updates are being pulled in to the server. The DIR-655 does not provide local DNS services. I've added the Server's name and IP to the hosts file.

BUT I can't:
- get a removed and reinstalled Home Server Console to find the server (either automatically or by its name)
- connect to the server using an untouched Hoem server Console (icon on SysTray is grayed out--"Not connected to server") though when I rebooted the host computer, the icon turned green (server healthy) for a few seconds...maybe the default appearance until it actually trys to connect?
- get a response from the server to pings either to its IP or name (which is being mapped by the hosts file)
- connect to the server using Remote Desktop Connection

Interestingly, I'm getting periodic pop-ups from McAfee telling me the server isn't protected and the SysTray icon turns red for a short period. I'd like to believe that this indicates that there is some communication occruing with the server (since I haven't seen these popups during the 5 weeks the server has been off-line).

I find threads indicating that people are using MediaSmart servers with this router though with many descriptions of problems and resoultions, none of which has worked. It would be great if someone who has both an EX470 and the DIR-655 could describe exactly what settings they've changed in the router.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 pm 

I use a DLink DIR-655 with an EX470 and have not had any issues getting it to work. I originally had it it hear at the house and now have it offsite but there is one are you may want to look at and that is the routers IP. Your LinkSys Router had an IP of 192.168.1.1 and the DLink Router defaults to 192.168.0.1. You may if you have not done so already desire to change that IP to 192.168.1.1 As far as the Router IP both should work without any issues. If I can remember I will be at the site where the DLink Router is running tomorrow and I will take a look at the router settings to see if something stands out but as I recall this router was very easy to setup the only real difference in the setup between the two locations I have used the router in is that one location has a STATIC IP and the other does not. Other then that there should be no really issue getting the router to work with your server.

The other thing is your using McAffee which could be blocking access from the client to the server. To rule out McAffee you could disable both the firewall and AV portions to see if its causing the issue. You can also check your Network Listing to see if the server is actually showing up on the client in quesion. You do not actually need the console software to access the server so long as the client is using the same WORKGROUP name as the server. Some have reported that the WORKGROUP name is case sensitive. Since you have a DEBUG Cable on your server you can check that out and then check the client to make certain they match.

At this time I can think of no other thinks that would block connectivity to your server. Whats also intersting is the server thats running off the DLink router also has the USB-LAN Adapter configured to run. Heck it was the first server I did the testing with because its name indicates it was the server used for testing the Sabrant USB-LAN Adapter.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 am 

You should see this in your email but please check out this other response I wrote to you on another message which hopefully will clear things up.

viewtopic.php?p=85756#p85756

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

All: since this seemed to have moved from a dead NIC issue to a network/router issue, I started another thread to focus the issue on the WHS/DLink DIR-655 router. This thread should probably be closed. Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Comp1962 wrote:
The other thing is your using McAffee which could be blocking access from the client to the server.

Bingo! The McAfee firewall on the server seems to be the culprit. The reason that I didn't focus on this despite your suggestion was that it's been on the server all along including before I had the NIC fail. So, apprently it either doesn't like the USB-NIC or the DLink router. I'll play with its settings to see if I can get it to ignore its concerns with the NIC or router.

It is a lot easier (in fact only possible) to troubleshoot the server with the video adapter. Neither the new NIC or disabling the McAfee firewall would have been possible otherwise.

Thanks to you and all for their help with the new NIC install and then the new network/router configuration.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 pm 

Its good you were able to resolve the issue and now you can move forward and resume enjoying having your server functional.

When your ready I can explain to you how to extract the SMI files from your server which will need to go onto a Bootable USB Flash Drive along with the Sabrent USB-LAN Drivers. I will have to look at my notes to tell you where to place the drivers and you will need to edit a hidden file for the SMI Files to load the USB-LAN Adapter Drivers. I would also recommend placing a 2nd copy of those drivers on the root directory of the Bootable USB Flash Drive for easy loading because to perform a recovery using the USB-LAN Adapter the SMI files will boot the server into its recovery mode and use the Sabrent Drivers to start the recovery. After the server goes through its multiple boots it will not load the drivers but will ask for them and all you need to do then is tell the server where the drivers are and the recovry will resume normally.

There is abit more to it then that but I felt the need to encourage you to start thinking about doing this so that in the event you need to perform a recovery that you will be able to do so using the USB-LAN Adapter you have which will help you keep your server running for quite some time. Do not let this task wait too long because if for some reason your server fails to boot and a recovery is in order you will not be able to obtain the SMI files.

So let me know when and if your ready and I will be more than happy to guide you through the process of building a USB Flash Drive to recovery your EX470 using the USB-LAN Adapter.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Comp1962 wrote:
When your ready I can explain to you how to extract the SMI files from your server which will need to go onto a Bootable USB Flash Drive along with the Sabrent USB-LAN Drivers.

Ready when you are. I trust this may help others, as well. I agree about not waiting. I had a system drive failure about 3 months ago and went through the rebuild process and then, in an absolutely unrelated event (local lightening strike), had the NIC fail. So, I'm not as sanguine as I used to be about day-to-day continued operations. I also have the server tricked out with a keyboard and monitor at the present time, but that won't be the case after I return it to its normal location.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 pm 

Hi Loomer,

I apologise for the delay. The first thing you need to do is extract the SMI Files. Its important to note for those with fully working servers, not to change anything in the SMI Area or you could risk corruption and the end result would be a server unable to boot into its recovery mode. The task here is only to copy the contents of the SMI area to a safe location for future use as an alternate means of performing a server recovery which I will explain later.

For those with DEBUG Cables there is no need to RDP to your server so ignore those instructions and just logon to your servers desktop locally.

How to extract the SMI Files from an EX47x, EX48x and LX19x working server

(1) RDP the server
(2) Enter the Device Manager
(3) Select System Devices
(4) Disable HP MediaSmart Server
(5) Reboot the server – Your Health LED will flash blue and your Hard Drive LEDS will not function after the server reboots. For this purpose this will be deemed normal & later we will restore the function of your Health and Drive LEDs.
(6) RDP the server
(7) Click on My Computer & you will see a new Local Disk appear that’s 246 MB in size this is the SMI Area now exposed.
(8) Click on Tools, then Folder Options then under Hidden Files and Folders select Show Hidden Files and Folders.
(9) Copy all the files contained in the exposed SMI drive to a location you can access later.
(10) Follow Step 8 above but restore the original settings to do not show hidden files and folders.
(11) Enter the Device Manager
(12) Select System Devices
(13) Enable HP MediaSmart Server. This is very important as it affects your LEDs!
(14) Reboot & your server will operate normally again and your Health and Drive LEDs will once again function normally.

PROTECT YOUR SMI FILES!!!

Now that you have a copy of the SMI Files you will want to protect them by creating multiple copies of them. These are not files you can obtain from HP or Microsoft so do not lose them.

Let me know how you make out with extracting the SMI Files. The next thing you will need to do is create a Bootable USB Flash Drive. Let me know if you know how to do this and if not I will dig out a file that explains how to set one up. Once you set one of those up all you need to do is copy the SMI files to the Bootable USB Flash Drive which will create an external drive capable of booting your server into its recovery mode but for it to work with the Sabrent USB-LAN Adapter you will need to edit some files and I will explain that once I know you have the SMI Files and can create a Bootable USB Flash Drive.

This part is the most important part to setting up a recovery drive and its best we break it down into small parts to accomodate any Q&A sessions and to allow others to follow as well.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Comp1962 wrote:
Let me know how you make out with extracting the SMI Files. The next thing you will need to do is create a Bootable USB Flash Drive. Let me know if you know how to do this and if not I will dig out a file that explains how to set one up. Once you set one of those up all you need to do is copy the SMI files to the Bootable USB Flash Drive which will create an external drive capable of booting your server into its recovery mode but for it to work with the Sabrent USB-LAN Adapter you will need to edit some files and I will explain that once I know you have the SMI Files and can create a Bootable USB Flash Drive.

This part is the most important part to setting up a recovery drive and its best we break it down into small parts to accomodate any Q&A sessions and to allow others to follow as well.

Once again, thanks very much for the information. I'll have time tomorrow to isolate and copy the SMI files. If you can find the file on creating a bootable USB drive, that would be helpful. And, of course, your offer of the final packaging to get it all to work as a reecovery mode option with the Sabent USB-NIC.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 pm 

I am having difficulty locating the actual PDF file which I got from Diehards website but I did a search on google and found what appears to be the same PDF file I was looking at which you can view from the link below:

http://www.mdwebsolutions.co.uk/EX490_R ... covery.pdf

This particular file pertains to creating a Bootable USB Flash Revcovery Drive using EX47x files. Find the part which explains how to create a Bootable USB Flash Drive and ignore everything else.

Once your create the bootable USB flash drive simply copy the all the files you found in the SMI area of your EX47x to the flash drive.

Next copy the drivers USB-LAN Adapter Drivers and place them in the root directory of the flash drive and in the Drivers Folder.

Next edit the hidden file drivers using notebook and add the driver file to the listing you will see using the same format as the current 2 in the file in my case my added entry was drivers\ax88178.inf just make certain you use the driver which worked for you installation.

If all goes well you will now have a Bootable USB Flash Drive which will place your server into recovery mode, load the USB-LAN Adapter Drivers and allow the first phase of the recovery process to take place on your EX47x.

I would like for you to now test this new USB Flash Recovery Drive out and its a very simple test to make certain its working properly.

(1) Shut down the server
(2) Back out the system drive
(3) Plug the USB Flash Recovery Drive into the bottom rear USB Port
(4) Plug the USB-LAN Adapter into any of the rear USB Ports and connect the LAN Cable
(5) Turn the server on and it should boot into its recovery mode
(6) Logon to your router and check its DHCP listing for a device starting with the name MININT.

If you see MININT then the USB Flash Drive was properly created and ready for testing of a recovery which I will go into with you in full detail. At that point if you are willing I would like for you to perform a full recovery test not using your existing system drives but a single 80 GB or larger drive. What this will do is show you the server can be recovered and you will be able to take comfort in knowing that should the need to perform a server recovery using a USB-LAN Adapter that it can be done. Even if your SMI area is working it will know nothing about the USB-LAN Adapter and messing around with the SMI could render it useless so this is a safe way to accomplish a recovery using your new USB-LAN Adapter.

So when your ready for the final instructions let me know...

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:32 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Comp1962 wrote:
At that point if you are willing I would like for you to perform a full recovery test not using your existing system drives but a single 80 GB or larger drive. What this will do is show you the server can be recovered and you will be able to take comfort in knowing that should the need to perform a server recovery using a USB-LAN Adapter that it can be done. Even if your SMI area is working it will know nothing about the USB-LAN Adapter and messing around with the SMI could render it useless so this is a safe way to accomplish a recovery using your new USB-LAN Adapter.

So when your ready for the final instructions let me know...

I've got the document on creating the bootable falsh drive and will do all of this tomorrow up to testing the flash drive. I don't have any extra sata hard drives lying around so I won't be able to do the full test anytime soon. The one sata drive I have that isn't in the server is a backup for the server so I can't/won't overwrite it until I'm confident that the server is solid (I also had to replace the system drive in it only a short time before the NIC failed, so it hasn't had that much up time).

I'll let you know tomorrow if everything up to that point works. Thanks.

Edited 9/3: OK, I've successfully booted into recovery mode using the USB and the Sabrent NIC. Shows up on my router as MININT... So, it looks like I have a capability I can count on, but hope not to need. I'd still be interested in testing the full process when I can free up a SATA drive.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am 

Most of the information contained in this post was taken from a Guide I wrote back in 2010. While I have tested the proceedures on my end and found them to work. I have come to the understanding that some may have components attached to their servers which slightly change how the server actually recovers thus making the blind installation difficult for some but not others. This was seen when some attempted to install a USB-LAN Adapter to resolve a failed LAN Port Guide I wrote last year. I have made this guide available to some for testing but none of the people I provided the information to ever reported back so I never submitted this for publication on the site.

@ Loomer

Thats very good to hear and now your well on your way to being able to perform a recovery using a Bootable USB Flash Drive with the modified SMI on it.

As you have seen you can boot your server into recovery mode the SMI at this point it loading the drivers for both the built in LAN and USB-LAN Adapter so for those who have both functional you could recover from either or LAN Port.

Since you have a Debug Cable installed the process is very straight forward and its best to do this with a Debug Cable because after the server reboots itself the USB-LAN Adapter Driver will need to be reinstalled. Having Video will make this easier.

Performing a USB Flash Drive Server Recovery using a Debug Cable:

(1) Connect a keyboard to either the front USB Port or to the Debug Cable if you have the full KVM Setup then also a Mouse would be great.
(2) Connect the Bootable USB Flash Recovery drive into the bottom rear USB Port.
(3) Make certain all your Storage Pool Drives are connected to the server including any external drives.
(4) Backout the System Drive (This is so the server will not boot off it)
(5) Turn the server on and when you see the server blinking its recovery code plug the system drive back into the server
(6) Run the Server Recovery Software on a client and follow the instructions
(7) Ignore the instructions for putting the server into recovery mode because its already in recovery mode & chose the correct recovery you wish to perform.

Server Recovery: This preserves your data but WHS will need to see all your storage pool drives

Factory Recovery: This will install a factory image and format all your connected drives. If you chose this and do not want to lose your data then disconnect your storage pool drives. You can then read the data from the drives and transfr the data back to the server once its online again. What you will not have access too here is the Client Data but if you used BDBB then you can restore the client data later using BDBB Recovery Feature.

(8) When you see the message that your server will reboot serveral times and then see the Welcome Message goto the Server and DO NOT Press Next.

This is the critical point where the USB-LAN Adapter drivers will need to be loaded again into the server. Since you have a Debug Cable you will see the server indicate that it has found new hardware and will request the drives to be loaded. Since the drivers were loaded on the Root Directory of the Flash Drive you can then easily point to them and WHS will load them and when your see the USB-LAN Adapter is ready for use message then go back to the client and press NEXT to continue the Server Recovery.

(9) Continue with the server recovery as normal. If all goes well you will be able to complete the recovery process and have a fully function server using the USB-LAN Adapter.

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO ATTEMPT A BLIND INSTALL:

First thing I have to mention is that while this has worked for me a blind install is not always the easiest thing to perform. With this in mind I urge those considering this to obtain a Debug Cable which will make the process much easier. If you wish to attempt a blind install then its at your own risk. This assumes you have a copy of the SMI Files, Created a Bootable USB Flash Drive, have copied the SMI Files to the Flash Drive, copied the USB-LAN Adapter Drivers to the correct areas of the Flash Drive and have edited the Hidden SMI File as previously written about previously in this thread.

Performing a blind bootable USB Flash Drive Server Recovery Procedure:

Note: If you are performing a FACTORY RECOVERY please skip this procedure and read, Performing a blind bootable USB Flash Driver Factory Recovery Procedure below!

(1) Shut the server down if it’s not down now.
(2) Remove the Console Connector Software from the computer you’re performing the recovery from.
(3) Disconnect all connected USB Devices leaving only your data drives connected. You will need 3 of the 4 USB Ports to perform this recovery. If you have multiple data drives then you will need to get a USB device expander to connect your data drives to the top rear USB Port.
(4) Connect the Bootable USB Flash Drive to the Bottom Rear USB Port
(5) Connect the network cable to the Sabrent USB-LAN Adapter, and then plug the adapter into the Middle USB Port.
(6) Connect your USB Data devices to the top USB Port as indicated in step 3
(7) Connect a USB Keyboard into the Front USB Port. Note if you have a USB-PS2 Connector it will work too.
(8) Back out the System Drive which is the bottom drive from the server
(9) Turn the server on
(10) When the health light is blinking RED and PURPLE plug in the System Drive
(11) Wait approximately 3 minutes for the USB Flash Drive to boot your server into recovery mode
(12) Run the Server Recovery CD, for best results use a 32 bit client
(13) Follow and answer the recovery prompts but SELECT SERVER RECOVERY when asked!
(14) The magic moment arrives when your see the PLEASE WAIT SCREEN indicating your server will reboot several times.
(15) When you see the WELCOME Message appear you will be instructed to press NEXT. DO NOT PRESS NEXT OR YOUR RECOVERY PROCESS WILL FAIL! At this time you will need to press a series of keys on your keyboard so that WHS will be able to find the USB-LAN Drivers and install them into WHS for use.
(16) Press DOWN ARROW
(17) Press ENTER
(18) Press TAB 2 times
(19) Press SPACE BAR
(20) Press TAB
(21) Type E:\
(22) Press ENTER
(23) Press LEFT ARROW
(24) Press ENTER
(25) Wait 20 Seconds
(26) Press ENTER
(27) Now you can go back to your client where the Welcome Screen is still displayed and now you can click NEXT to resume the recovery process which now should proceed normally.

NOTE: Near the end of the process you may encounter and error, just click the back arrow to restart the process and it should correct itself. On some of my testing I have had to do this up to 3 times. This has nothing to do with my procedure as I have seen this occur with the normal recovery procedure and this issue may be isolated to just my client but I felt the need to mention this.
If all goes well your server will be ready for use. Remember to download all the HP and Microsoft Updates. Remember to ignore all messages that indicate your client data base has issues these will go away once your server has been fully updated. You will need to setup your user accounts and install all the ADD-INs you were previously running. You may also need to release and reacquire your domain.

Performing a blind bootable USB Flash Driver Factory Recovery Procedure:

WARNING: Performing a Factory Recovery will format your data drives. If you do not wish to do this then you will want to use the Server Recovery Procedure above. If you want to perform a Factory Recovery but not lose the data on your data drives then remove them from the server now and ignore steps 3 and 6 in this procedure.

(1) Shut the server down if it’s not down now.
(2) Remove the Console Connector Software from the computer you’re performing the recovery from.
(3) Disconnect all connected USB Devices leaving only your data drives connected. You will need 3 of the 4 USB Ports to perform this recovery. If you have multiple data drives then you will need to get a USB device expander to connect your data drives to the top rear USB Port.
(4) Connect the Bootable USB Flash Drive to the Bottom Rear USB Port
(5) Connect the network cable to the Sabrent USB-LAN Adapter, and then plug the adapter into the Middle USB Port.
(6) Connect your USB Data devices to the top USB Port as indicated in step 3
(7) Connect a USB Keyboard into the Front USB Port. Not if you have a USB-PS2 Connector it will work too.
(8) Back out the System Drive which is the bottom drive from the server
(9) Turn the server on
(10) When the health light is blinking RED and PURPLE plug in the System Drive
(11) Wait approximately 3 minutes for the USB Flash Drive to boot your server into recovery mode
(12) Run the Server Recovery CD, for best results use a 32 bit client
(13) Follow and answer the recovery prompts but SELECT FACTORY RECOVERY when asked!
(14) The magic moment arrives when your see the PLEASE WAIT SCREEN indicating your server will reboot several times.
(15) When you see the WELCOME Message appear you will be instructed to press NEXT. DO NOT PRESS NEXT OR YOUR RECOVERY PROCESS WILL FAIL! At this time you will need to press a series of keys on your keyboard so that WHS will be able to find the USB-LAN Drivers and install them into WHS for use.
(16) Press DOWN ARROW
(17) Press ENTER
(18) Press TAB 2 times
(19) Press SPACE BAR
(20) Press TAB
(21) Type D:\
(22) Press ENTER
(23) Press LEFT ARROW
(24) Press ENTER
(25) Wait 20 Seconds
(26) Press ENTER
(27) Now you can go back to your client where the Welcome Screen is still displayed and now you can click NEXT to resume the recovery process which now should proceed normally.

NOTE: Near the end of the process you may encounter and error, just click the back arrow to restart the process and it should correct itself. On some of my testing I have had to do this up to 3 times. This has nothing to do with my procedure as I have seen this occur with the normal recovery procedure and this issue may be isolated to just my client but I felt the need to mention this.

If all goes well your server will be ready for use. Remember to download all the HP and Microsoft Updates.

If you use this Guide please share your experience with the procedure as it will prove to be a great help to those using an older MSS. I should also make mention that this was tested using an EX470 with both HP 1.x and 3.x software and any refrence to the Health Codes would need to be adapted to the EX48x and LX19x.

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

Thanks  
Loomer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:48 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks for the very detailed instructions. All of the steps make sense since I had to do a server recovery recently. I now have the guide printed and stored along with the Flash Boot Drive in a "break glaas in case of emergency" folder.

I am again at a loss to feel I can adequately thank you for all of the assistance through my multiple issues!

Scott

:sanjuan:

Thanks