All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:17 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

HP Ex475
WHSv1
MSSv3

I have a panasonic dmp-bd91 (w/DNLA) with a wired connection to my LAN. Recently I have been playing AVI files. If I leave the Twonkey compatibility settings to 'generic', only the Stop button on the remote works. If I instead choose 'DNLA 1.0', I get the Play, Stop and FwdSearch buttons to work as well. There are maybe 20 more setting choices for specific products that I have not yet tried. Does anyone know if any of these might better match my player and get more buttons working?

Another thing I have wondered about is that the blueray OSD menu shows two entries for my hp server. One is just "HPserver", the other is "HPSERVER: 1: Windows Media Connect". Are there actually two different media servers apps? Selecting each one shows a different list of OSD folders. If I select "HPserver", I get to see a list of all of my video files. If I select media connect, it seems to hide some folders and all of the MKV files. Whats up?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!