It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:42 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Hey guys, I've had this issue with certain files over the years which I've just put aside but now I'd like to figure out why I am getting the following error.

For example, my MSS EX490 and my PS3 are both connected on the same network in my home. The PS3 can see the following under the video section:
-Twonky
-ServerName: Windows Media Connect

I will open the Windows Media Connect and go to the videos folder, shows and the specific show.
Certain shows play fine but others when I try to open them it says 'The data is corrupted'.

I am a bit confused because the show folder is Married with Children and the file format is AVI.
There are certain shows that I can play just fine and they are also AVI, such as the Looney Tunes Golden Collection or the Three Stooges.

Also, some show folders that I see under the Windows Media Connect don't show under the Twonky video folder.
I've searched google and found data is corrupted errors but it seems that it's for Windows 7 and such.

Thank you

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:44 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Well it looks like I somewhat understand why certain AVI's won't work. It seems like it is a codec related issue.

I tried to install PS3 media server snap-in into the WHS and it kept giving me errors when trying to start it.

I then just installed the 32bit version of PS3 media server onto the MSS WHS OS and I got it to recognize my PS3 and got the files playing properly. Not sure if I need to configure it any different and wish the snap-in worked.

Thanks