It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm 

Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

I have an ATV2 with Firecore added and I connect via ethernet to my Cisco E3000 router. Next to the router is my WHS box.

I have a ticket open with Firecore but thought I'd ask here for help as well.

I have 300 plus movies in a folder called AppleTV on the WHS machine. AppleTV is setup to login to the SMB share with its own user ID and password (it has a profile on the WHS).

For a long time, this worked fine and I was able to stream wirelessly originally. Each movie file is between 700mb - 4gb generally depending upon source from DVD or Blu Ray and all are ripped using Handbrake set for AppleTV2. All play on my Imac just fine.

The issue is that originally wireless, and now Ethernet streaming does the same thing. I get 30-60 minutes in and get playback error while streaming. I've tried verifying packet sizes, redoing the movie files to smaller folders by genre and nothing has worked. Not all files do this but more and more as time goes on.

If I pull the file from WHS to my Imac, they play fine still.

The WHS is a Dual core with 4gb ram and 9TB storage. Works fantastic otherwise.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I even purchased a WDLive box to try and it seems to have the same issue..well almost. It loads the movies but the sound and picture get out of sync and the picture fast forwards to catch up. Some movies just say that it is not a supported format.

Time to upgrade the router?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!