It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm 

I have a question about streaming over the network to my Sony Blu-ray player (though right now I don't have the model # handy):

When I browse the media sections (music, video and pictures), I can access my Home Server w/o issue. However, when browsing the available media in the suggested folders, I am met with many folder options to browse, most of them say "no playable media".

For example, if I were to browse to the music folder, even though I have a very simple folder structure on the server (servername\\music\artist\), the Blu-Ray player shows "All Music", "Favorites", "Artist", "Album", a couple of other folders and finally "Folders". The only two that actually have media are All Music (which, duh, puts all my music in one place) and Folders. When I choose Folders, it then shows the directory structure I have set up on the server. Similar is true with Videos and Pictures (maybe not the same folder names, but they all have an "all" folder and generic "folders" option).

Is there a setting on the server somewhere that I can disable the other useless folders or on the Blu-Ray player so it ONLY shows ALL or Folders? I can't actually see the 'other' folders on the server unless they are hidden, unless it is some sort of annoying setting or hard-coded setup in the Blu-Ray player.

My Server Rig: WHS 2011 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600, 4GB RAM, 4 drives RAID using Stablebit's DrivePool maxing @ 1.4TB.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:50 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Please allow me to suggest something that might work for you using a different approach.

Have a look at this tutorial:

http://howtotechtutorials.com/how-to-st ... ay-player/

Just replace the player they are using and put your Sony.

See if it works.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:08 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I would suspect the issue is due to the limitations the bd player is looking for, specific folders/format/etc. Meaning a generic dlna server.
This would be a setting in the app for the player not the server.

Dune HD Connect
Rasberry PI OSMC(KODI)
ReadyNAS RN316
Amazon FireStick
Amazon ECHO
AnyDvD
MyMovies

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:32 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Well, not necessarily.

If the player is a streaming type, making a dlna link might be much better than using the managing program that comes with the player.

I have an LG BD390 player, and that was the path I followed, much simpler than the LG program manager. Now I have a WD TV Live media player, and I miss the LG, as things were quicker and simpler.

First you have to setup the Windows folders, particularly if you using Windows 7. Then you have to make the Sony player see the connection. Then just follow the folders, nothing else.

Thanks