It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 pm 

A few months ago one of the developers of 10muse approached me about looking at a new piece of software they were working on called 10Muse, which is used to maintain your video library and provide a jukebox interface on your iPad. From the iPad you can view your entire media library and initiate playback on any Dune or Popcorn Hour media player. I had a writeup and screenshots all planned out, but many improvements/enhancements have been made to 10Muse where I plan on starting over from scratch. For the time being though I thought it would be good to get a thread started for any user feedback/questions. I will also invite the developer to participate and see if we can put together a list of issues, feature requests, etc...

Screenshots:

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:54 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Subbed. Loving the app so far. Hoping the developer will be receptive to feedback.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm 

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Subbed. Loving the app so far. Hoping the developer will be receptive to feedback.

Agreed. Great UI on the iPad and great integration with Dropbox that takes iTunes out of the equation. Excited to see where this app can go, tired of picking up my two young boys and taking them to the tv screen so they can point at what movie they want watch.

So far II have added about 400 movies and 3 tv shows (consisting of about 200 hundred episodes). I need to do some more tesing on TV shows to see if I run into any issues

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I just finished cataloging my 1st drive (78 movies only) and I have to test the multi-disc title set-up on a couple of titles.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 pm 

From my iPad in my bedroom i remoted into my PC, added a tv series to 10muse, exported to dropbox. Went back to the ipad and in the 10muse app updated via dropbox, new tv showed up instantly :D Process took about 3 minutes!!

One request for tv shows would hopefully be thumbnail support. in the ipad app i would like to be able to navigate each season by seeing all thumbnails for the season in a wall view to choose (great especially for the kids)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

So, if you manually add a tv series, how does 10muse know where it is located on your network and which episodes that you have?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 am 

raggededge wrote:
So, if you manually add a tv series, how does 10muse know where it is located on your network and which episodes that you have?

Also make sure you add your root TV Show directory to the library manager

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 am 

Pafsanias wrote:
Thanks you all for the comments.

dbone1026 wrote:
One request for tv shows would hopefully be thumbnail support. in the ipad app i would like to be able to navigate each season by seeing all thumbnails for the season in a wall view to choose (great especially for the kids)

We actually integrated the episode thumbnails functionality, but it was then dropped out. There were two reasons for this:

- The tvdb thumbnails library is too messed up. Not all episodes have thumbnails, and those who do, come with different resolutions and even different aspect ratios. Not easy to intergrate into a UI that we would like to keep clean and functional.

- There are a thousand ways to design an UI for something like TV-Shows, we ended up with what we found to be the most well-arranged: General TV-Show info on the fanart, selected episode info below. That didn't leave much room for an episode image. But I agree it would be great, we'll somehow make it happen.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
I just finished cataloging my 1st drive (78 movies only) and I have to test the multi-disc title set-up on a couple of titles.

Remember, for the multi-disc functionality you will need to rename some files. Apart from filename and images, you can freely change all the info for every disc to your liking. For example, my boys love the "Build me up Buttercup" video from "There is something about Mary". I added it as an extra disc and replaced the "Plot" of the disc with the song lyrics. It had quite an impact.

raggededge wrote:

The episode files need to be in a folder named as the series title (e.g. "Lost"). If the filenames include on of the supported "strings" (e.g. s01e05) they will be grabbed automatically from the scanner. I think the Library Manager guides you nicely through it.

Thanks for joining in on the conversation :cheers:

I used 10Muse to start up a TV Show episode on my Dune last night and it worked as expected. With the latest Dune FW update it has made accessing jukeboxes stored on my server extremely slow (even my wife has commented), so being able to bypass this and use 10Muse to start the video was a positive.

As I mentioned, a lot has changed since I first started testing 10Muse so I plan on starting over from scratch with the latest version so I can get some better notes together. I know there were a few minor issues I ran in to, but I will definitely post about. I also hope to get my writeup posted on the Blog here next week

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

raggededge wrote:

The episode files need to be in a folder named as the series title (e.g. "Lost"). If the filenames include on of the supported "strings" (e.g. s01e05) they will be grabbed automatically from the scanner. I think the Library Manager guides you nicely through it.[/quote]

Okay, so I was right. 1x01, 1x02, etc. is not a supported string. Killroy in another thread pointed me to a utility that will allow me to mass change my files, I'll give that a shot and report back.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am 

raggededge wrote:
raggededge wrote:

The episode files need to be in a folder named as the series title (e.g. "Lost"). If the filenames include on of the supported "strings" (e.g. s01e05) they will be grabbed automatically from the scanner. I think the Library Manager guides you nicely through it.

Okay, so I was right. 1x01, 1x02, etc. is not a supported string. Killroy in another thread pointed me to a utility that will allow me to mass change my files, I'll give that a shot and report back.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw his post. TVRename is by far an excellent app. In general I stick with S##E## because I have found this to be the most universally supported naming format across a variety of hardware/software front ends.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm 

FYI:

Pafsanias (the 10muse developer) got his username accidentally deleted after he posted here :oops: We have fixed this and I asked him to re register, Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience. You should be able to see his first response in one of my posts since I quoted him

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm 

Since 10Muse uses dropbox, here is an interesting way to increase your dropbox allotment without having to pay :D

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php ... n-dropbox/

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

For the life of me I cannot get the multi-disc function working. I follow the directions exactly how they are written but when I "scan servers" the files do not get attached to the individual disc titles.

I have renamed each of the files exactly how they are named in the "Filename" window using copy/paste.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 pm 

KillroyWasHere wrote:
For the life of me I cannot get the multi-disc function working. I follow the directions exactly how they are written but when I "scan servers" the files do not get attached to the individual disc titles.

I have renamed each of the files exactly how they are named in the "Filename" window using copy/paste.

I don't have any multi discs to test out. Hopefully Pafsanias can chime in. I will see if I can dig up something to test as well. What format are your movies you are trying to make into a multi disc?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
KillroyWasHere wrote:

I don't have any multi discs to test out. Hopefully Pafsanias can chime in. I will see if I can dig up something to test as well. What format are your movies you are trying to make into a multi disc?

Really?!?! You still have to ask me that...lol

Of course everything is MKV.

So far, I have tested two titles; Monterey Pop (1968) and Blue Man Group - How to be a Megastar Live. Each has three files and I have renamed them like this;

Monterey Pop (1968)_Disc_1_from_3
Blue Man Group - How to be a Megastar Live_Disc_1_from_3

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next