It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Hi,

After installing PP1 and HP 1.3, everything went good. So I decided to finally change Vista(32) to Vista(64) on my laptop. All was well, I installed the connector. The WSH connector installed (I can enter the console, have acces to shares, etc.) but the HP MSS connector did not install (I don't have the MSS icon on my desktop and if I open the uninstall list, the whs connector is there but the HP MSS is not). The HP 1.3 upgrade is installed on the MSS. So what can be done are there files that have not copied correctly? I use the http://{myserver}:55000/setup/WHSConnectorInstall.exe command. Is there a iso file to burn a connector cd?

note: the connector installed correctly on my Vista(32)

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:45 pm 
Founder
Founder

You can manually run \\server\software\Home Server Connector Software\oem\oem_x64.msi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Thanks Alex,

In this directory there is oem.msi but oem_x64.msi is not present. I suppose the HP 1.3 has not downloaded correctly!? Is there a way to correct this without Server recovery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 pm 
Founder
Founder

You're sure you have 1.3 installed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:02 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

The MediaSmart Server tile indicates that an upgrade was performed on 8/10/2008. If I click on Verify Upgrades, the pop-up message indicates there are no upgrades available.

At that date, I remember that, after reading some recommendations for PP1 installation, I did a Server recovery and when Hp upgrade showed up I postponed its installation after PP1. Then I performed (which looked OK) the Hp 1.3 upgrade.

I did a search in the forum and found the address you had given for the HP upgrade, but since mine is French, I hesitated to do so. Is there an address where I could restart HP 1.3 upgrade? And is there a particular path to follow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Decided to perform a Server Recovery. After 30 minutes of preparation and downloading, an error message: "recovery does not support this operating system" or something alike. Oups! I knew it could not install from the original disks in a x64, grrhh... forgot that. Time for a iso file so we can burn a Server Recovery Disk with WHS PP1 and HP MSS 1.3.

Plugged in another laptop an lets restart. Recovery went well. I let HP 1.3 install automatically. When server was accessible, I directly checked the Home Sever Connector Software\oem directory. There was oem.msi but no oem_x64.msi. So it did not install from the French upgrade of MSS 1.3. Then I installed PP1 through the automatic upgrade.

What else can I do? Wait for a futher release of the upgrade? Complain to HP (I don't know where)? Return my MSS? :twisted:
Anyway, what am I missing here besides the MSS Control Center? Is it worth all the fuss?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]