It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:53 pm 

Beckemy,

Thanks so much for providing an update. While disappointing to hear it may take awhile, I am somewhat hopeful that all my archiving will not be lost.

Don't worry about posting the exact timeframe for my benefit. I will post any relevant developments as the happen.

Josh

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:04 am 

As far as I experienced, your archiving is not lost. If I understand the software well, it makes folders and subfolders on your harddrive. (Where you will have acess). The software retrieves documents in folders on your harddrive, and file them under the folder you want. (And you have the option to move the document to that location). There is also a search function to retrieve your documents. And of course you can enter dates, and extra options.
I'm going to check the timeframe this evening, and I'll post it here. So everybody else going through this topic, has an idea of the timing.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 pm 

...so after several messages to share-it and archound (one after 24 hours - as instructed, one after three days, one after one week, one after two weeks and another after three weeks), I received my license information in a generic activation e-mail. No explanation. (Share-it was no help by the way)

I am happy with the software, but the customer service is poor. I hope I don't have any problems.

Hope this information helps any prospective buyers. You may want to purchase the software, take a vacation, forget about it, and then install it when archound finally sends you the license information.

Finally, be sure to use a credit card with a good dispute policy.

Cheers

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 am 

Very interesting discussion!

I look for a very simple help, and maybe one of you can support me? I seem to have deleted by mistake a Temp folder needed to run the software.
I have the following directories on my server:
- ArcHound Temp
- Vault

But it seems that some sort of Temp folder is needed, where items in process of archiving are stored.

Your help would save me!

Thanks so much!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I would suggest logging into the server and going to Control Panel. Add/Remove applications, then find the application and click on it to repair the install. A message will popup to Remove or repair. Select repair and it will repair and reinstall missing files and folders.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 am 

It worked. Thank you very much!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

is this company still in business? They are horrible about responding to email. I was wondering if this app would work on WS2012E. I am looking to start scanning my bills to PDF and storing them on the server. What is a good document management system for WS2012E?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:33 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

T-Bone wrote:
is this company still in business? They are horrible about responding to email. I was wondering if this app would work on WS2012E. I am looking to start scanning my bills to PDF and storing them on the server. What is a good document management system for WS2012E?

I'm going to say no. Their website is still active, but it hasn't seen an update in years. It still refers to WHS 2011 by its code name Vail, and most everything else on the site looks like it was last updated in 2010. It looks like it was an intriguing product that just died on the vine.

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

any suggestions on a replacement? I used DA for a while then moved away from scanning my document into server but I want to get back to it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Looks like I'm just going to do the tried and true folders and dumping scans into them.

Thanks