It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Great! Glad you are on your way and satisfied. ScanSnap scanners have a good rep from what I have heard. Good thing you kept your eyes open for THAT alternative!

Happy Document Management :cheers:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Do you have your scansnap hooked directly to server or to a laptop/desktop?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I connected the scanner to the PC. You might have some success with all the software you want to run (for the ScanSnap) on Server 2003 or you might not. :) You know it the software will run on Vista or Win 7.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So I installed Digital Archound and starting scanning. I name the files Business - Description - Date. When digital archound saves the file it saves it as Busines_-_Descrition_-_Date-computername-datetime.pdf How can I change this to my naming convention, or should I consign myself to never go into the vault and only go thru the software. As it makes a copy what do I do with the original version?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I sent 3 messages to Digital Archound this being the last:

I not sure if you got my last message or not. here is what I asked:

So I installed Digital Archound and starting scanning. I name the files Business - Description - Date. When digital archound saves the file it saves it as Busines_-_Descrition_-_Date-computername-datetime.pdf How can I change this to my naming convention, or should I consign myself to never go into the vault and only go thru the software. As it makes a copy what do I do with the original version?

here is an example of what Im talking about

My file name example: Gesa - Checking - 2010-11-01 to 2010-12-31

Archound rename: GESA_-_CHECKING_-_2010-11-01_to_2010-12-31-NIKKI-201105201536

Id rather keep my naming convention. I dont need to know the computer is was scanned from or the username (NIKKI) or the time an date it was scanned. can this be turned off or is this just how the software works? I have stopped using the program tell I hear back about this. Please let me know so I can make needed changes and move forward.

Also the reason that I am emailing both email addresses is that your address at Support gets returned at DNS Blacklisted from Yahoo!.

T-Bone

Does anyone know if they are still around? they were accepting money still as of December-January. If anyone has an answer to my question or knows how I can reach their support for info I would appreciate it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

As it has been almost 2 weeks since I initially tried contacting Digital Archound without so much as a response back. I would have to warn prosective buyers to beware of this vendor as they are hard to contact if you have an issue. I have sent emails to tech support and customer service, I've also tried reaching out to the members of this site that claim to work for Digital Archound with no response from them either. I can respect needing time to address an issue or research but without any kind of acknowledgement as to my issue, its hard to be understanding. Especially after the money I put down to purchase the software to begin with.

Ive tried the following email addresses:

customersupport@archound.com
support@ArcHound.com -- This address comes back as being blacklisted
info@ArcHound.com

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Finally stumbled on the correct email address for Archound. Its not listed on their site at all, it turned out to be this address: customersupport@archound.com. the only reason I found it is because I saved my purchase order email.

Hello T-Bone,

Thank you for contacting customer support. We apologize for the delay in responding to your emails as they were filtered and not discovered until now.

Regarding naming conventions, DA Document Manager maintains the name of the file based on the title that you provide when filling out the form associated with the document. DA Document Manager is designed for a multi-user environment, thus it uses a fixed format that guarantees file uniqueness in the event that there are multiple documents with the same title. This format also provides the ability to quickly identify the file, should you need to access the archives folder directly. As further benefit, it also tracks the user who archived the file. The original file need not be maintained after the archive is complete.

T-bone, please let us know if you have any additional questions or if you would like clarification.

Best regards,
Your DA Team

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 am 

I've ordered DA Document Manager on Sunday, but so far I haven't received my licence key yet. It's the first time I really buy something on the internet with my creditcard and so far it doesn't look like a good experience. :(
I hope there is a simple explanation for that. I've send already twice an e-mail to the support e-mail address, as mentioned in the confirmation e-mail, but no reply yet. I called the customer service from share-it, and I always receive the same answer: send an e-mail to the support address, and they will reply in 24 - 48 hours. ](*,)
I trully hope this is all a minsunderstanding, and the problem will be solved asap, but ..... no replies and no news is no good sign.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:59 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

@ beckemy and @T-Bone
I am sorry to hear that both you and T-Bone have had problems contacting the developers of DA Document Management. I continue to use this product but not as much as I once did because most of my accounts have online access to the info I used to store on WHS. I DO plan to use it more, but have been distracted with other interest. Sorry about not responding before this.

@beckemy
It has been a while since I purchased my DA Document Management software, but as I recall you should receive an email within a few hours of purchasing the product. This email will contain your lenience key to get you started with the software. If you did not receive this email (check you spam filters also) by now. There is probably something wrong. Have you checked to see if your credit card was charged. The first time you order something over the internet, it is a bit confusing so just make sure your order actually went through. I am sorry to say I do not have much to offer if the order went through, you did not get the welcome email (with Key) and you still cannot get a response from an email sent to their correct support address (whatever that is). I have not tried contacting them in a while so I am not sure of the status of their business. Internet search shows little recent information concerning DA Document Management for WHS. The last thing I see was a few articles written by various WHS oriented web sites, passing along information about the latest version 3.1.105 release and the actual Press Release from DA. That was over a year ago in September 2010.

Please DO post back here letting others know if your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction or not.

beckemy wrote:
I've ordered DA Document Manager on Sunday, but so far I haven't received my licence key yet. It's the first time I really buy something on the internet with my creditcard and so far it doesn't look like a good experience. :(
I hope there is a simple explanation for that. I've send already twice an e-mail to the support e-mail address, as mentioned in the confirmation e-mail, but no reply yet. I called the customer service from share-it, and I always receive the same answer: send an e-mail to the support address, and they will reply in 24 - 48 hours. ](*,)
I trully hope this is all a minsunderstanding, and the problem will be solved asap, but ..... no replies and no news is no good sign.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank SeaRay33 for this post
beckemy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 am 

Hi I ordered DA Documents Manger on 14-11-2011 and also dind't receive my license.
Send 4/5 emails to support. But still no answer!!!!

Can someone please help me?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 am 

Just today, I received a message (via e-mail) that my credit card will be debited "one of this days" for the amount ....
I hope that after this debiting, I receive my key! But if they wait until they've the money, wouldn't it be more fair to the customers, telling them this? Now they say: within 24 Hours. :?
So T-bone, let's hope and pray together this is the case ;-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 am 

I will pray with you two :-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 am 

In the meanwhile I checked the status of my credit card, and discovered my card is already debited since 15th November :-(
But still no mail from them with my licence key

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:23 pm 

...so I recently purchased DA Document Manager (one week ago). My credit card was promptly charged, but I have not received a license and no response from my messages to customer service - tried all the email addresses I could find.

I am pleased with the software. I would have no buyers remorse, except I haven't received anything yet. Of course I jumped right in and started archiving like mad. But now I only have 8 days left on my trial and I am loosing confidence that I will ever receive a license.

Has anyone heard from these guys or should I just go ahead and contact my credit card company to dispute this charge?

Any relevant experience or words of encouragement are welcome...any other suggestions for document management software are welcome as well.

Josh

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 am 

In the meanwhile I received my licence key, and with a lot of excuses. I have to say, this software made my finally archiving. ;-)
And it took a long while before I got my licence key. But yes, I got it. I can't see from here (I'm at work) when I finally got it (time frame) but if you like, I can look it up this evening (It's 11.02 a.m. in Belgium) and let you know.

Thanks