It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: BDBB Restore
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:03 am 

I am hoping to make sure I am backing up correctly.

I use Alex Kuretz add-in version 1.0.3.3. and do a monthly backup of the BBDB to a drive that I store off site, rotating three backups so that I actually have the state for each of the three previous months. Recently one drive failed and I ended up reloading the operating system after backing up the shares that were duplicated and still accessible. I brought the system to PP3 and SP1 and restored the BDBB with Alex's add-in. The system said it needed to repair and by the time it had finished there were no backups. I repeated the restore twice with the same result. Is this just bad luck or should I not trust the BDBB backup?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: BDBB Restore
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 pm 
Founder
Founder

Usually when this occurs it's because the system is not fully updated to the most recent Power Packs and Hot Fixes for WHS. You need to make sure all updates are installed and the server has been rebooted. The other possibility is that the BDBB backup or the original backup DB were corrupted, but that is difficult to ascertain since there are no tools available for validating the DB outside of WHS.

Thanks