It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 pm 

I have the same problem as phil. This happens to me even with a manual installation of wordpress. I have all the latest updates of WHS, can this be a problem?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:59 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

And youve got your settings as per this?

download/file.php?id=2352&mode=view

and if you cant access your external domain internally normally, you did the hosts entry?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:00 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Update,
For me this appears to be an issue with my router, I am using a Netgear and they do not allow "loopback"

Please don't be put off from installing the addins, they have installed ok.

Phil

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 pm 

ive tried to figure this on out on my own but havent had much luck. when i create a new page or a blog post. if i clock on the link to go to that page or blog it shows a "page can not be found." i did some searching on my computer and from what i can tell it isnt creating the page.htm file for the new page or blog. any ideas as to the cause or even a possible fix?

thanks
james

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:44 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thanks again for this addin. Been having a lot of fun learning with it.

I am concerned that with the small amount of C drive that the Mediasmart gives us, I should be doing my Wordpress out on the pooled D? (which would give me automatic backup as an added bonus.)

In an earlier post, you mentioned just copying the /blog/ over to a different area. Easy enough, but I know next to nothing about sql, php, etc. Setup would be a slight variation off your phpmyadmin wiki? Any directions would be great.

Thanks again.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:41 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

craft211 wrote:
ive tried to figure this on out on my own but havent had much luck. when i create a new page or a blog post. if i clock on the link to go to that page or blog it shows a "page can not be found." i did some searching on my computer and from what i can tell it isnt creating the page.htm file for the new page or blog. any ideas as to the cause or even a possible fix?

thanks
james

Usually you'd see this if you have the router loopback issue, where is the link trying to go? Is it the external name? Does that page work externally?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Quadrophenia wrote:
Thanks again for this addin. Been having a lot of fun learning with it.

I am concerned that with the small amount of C drive that the Mediasmart gives us, I should be doing my Wordpress out on the pooled D? (which would give me automatic backup as an added bonus.)

In an earlier post, you mentioned just copying the /blog/ over to a different area. Easy enough, but I know next to nothing about sql, php, etc. Setup would be a slight variation off your phpmyadmin wiki? Any directions would be great.

Thanks again.

Your blog is actually getting held on the SQl Database on D, what gets stored on c is fairly minimal and is just the wordpress code and also any templates or plugins so space really shouldnt be an issue. You can move the whole thing to D if you really want to, you would just need to create a virtual directory in IIS that references the new location.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:59 pm 

Hi my server crashed today and i restored it onto a new disk. The old system drive should be intact so I can recover my files. Is it possible to copy my old php/sql/wordpress configuration back onto my new install? With a straight copy or overwrite will my wordpress site look the same as it did before this incident?
If so where would I find the files I need to do this?

Thanks
John

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:36 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

urmaster wrote:
Hi my server crashed today and i restored it onto a new disk. The old system drive should be intact so I can recover my files. Is it possible to copy my old php/sql/wordpress configuration back onto my new install? With a straight copy or overwrite will my wordpress site look the same as it did before this incident?
If so where would I find the files I need to do this?

Thanks
John

The Sql database is held on D so that should be in tact. If you copy the contents of c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blog from the restored drive then that will recover the wordpress look and feel. I havent tried to recover this way; but thats the data areas you need to worry about.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:22 pm 

Hi,
This add-in sounds great!
Can I ask if the Wordpress installation can be updated automatically through their admin interface, or does the WHS installer have to be updated each time WP release an update?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:52 pm 
Founder
Founder

Nigel has told me that Wordpress will successfully update itself.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
Wobbles
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Well, not itself... you have to click on update in the Admin interface but it works fine.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm 
Founder
Founder

Cougar wrote:
Well, not itself... you have to click on update in the Admin interface but it works fine.

I didn't say automatically... 00--00

:D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:24 pm 

That's the answers I was hoping for! thanks folks - very much appreciated and I'll be installing this tomorrow :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:15 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Well im not quite sure what Im doing wrong but i think i can give up now.....
i've installed and uninstalled thes 3 add ins (wordpress, mysql, PHP) more times than i care to count. im pretty sure i've grown a few extra grey ones in the process :-)
They install great, no error msgs whatsoever. im able to set up the database, setup wordpress, etc. but then, after an amount of time, (it's varied with each install, sometimes a couple of hrs, sometimes, a couple of days, last time immediately after restartiing the server..), i'll come back and try to log into the wordpress admin page, but it wont work. no error msgs, nothing. it just refreshes the page to an empty username/password box. i KNOW know my password is correct, if i put in an incorrect one, i get an error message. if i put my email adddress into the forget password box, i get an error msg (this email not valid or something like that). maybe the database is corrupt?. so i try to login into the phpmyadmin page, samething. type in root, and password, nothing happens. try root, no password, nada. wordpress, password...nada....couldnt find any solutions online, so uninstall everything, clean install from scratch, which goes smoothly, everything is working...until i can't login anymore...

since i dont really want to be the star in my own groundhog day, i guess ill just stop now, since theres no point putting effort into the setup since i know its just going to lock me out again, and it doesnt look like theres a solution.
tried everything. really bummed out, i was hoping this would work out, and im glad it is for some. its one of those things that when it works it works great i guess. when it doesnt...

anyone know of any other solutions, as in like wordpress, that i can host on the homeserver? i looked at das blog, used the web platform installer to get that on, worked fine, but it doesnt seem to be as user friendly as WP.

THANKS for all ur help..

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next