It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:55 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I don't seem to have a wp-config file in there, just the sample one. I can't remember whether I need to edit that as detailed in the Wordpress famous five minute install, or whether your addin does it. If I am supposed to, then it could be as simple as that?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:54 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

That file will get configured when you first hit the blog page and the configurator is run. Does that site run any php programs?

try appending index.php to the end of the url and see if it will run the page.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:30 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

appending the index.php brought up the wordpress page asking for my php user and password. I left the wp- in the 4th question as the default. It seemed happy with all that. I got the ok sparky go ahead and install. Clicked the install and got a wordpress page saying already installed and "You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first."

still more leftovers from the attempted multisite inside the database?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

OK; so it looks like index.php needs to be re-added as a default document to your blog site in iis; that will resolve the file not found message you were seeing as its currently looking for either default.htm, default.asp etc.

Now that the blog is configured; check wp-admin and make sure all is ok. It's blank for me; but that could be a theme issue?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Let's see, trying to explain what I am seeing now. If I just go to /blog, I get a file not found. If I append index.php, I get a blank page. (This may be correct, given setup is done) If I append wp-admin, I get the wordpress login screen. I can log in to the dashboard just fine. My posts and comments etc are there. Makes me think we are very close.

A couple more questions. 1) How do I get the index.php as a default as you suggest?

And 2) My theme, plugins, etc are all gone from wiping the /blog directory prior to the reinstall of Wordpress with your addin. I copied that whole blog directory elsewhere. Can I bring anything back or am I starting from scratch? (Although the posts and comments are there)

Thank you very much for all your help!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:39 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

For point 1, open IIS Admin in a console and right click on the Blog folder under Default Web Site and choose properties. Click on the Documents tab and then add Index.php

For point 2, I'd probably just re-add the themes and plugins from scratch as it's only the look and feel and the content is safe.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thank you for the explanation on the IIS Admin.

index.php was already in there. It was 5th on the list. I tried moving it up to the top.

Didn't seem to make much difference. my.homeserver.com/blog still returns a page not found. my.homeserver.com/blog/index.php does return the right page

Errr, just found something else weird. Sending you a pm.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:23 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Wanted to say thank you again to Cougar for all his help.

Couple new questions.

I would like to get my Wordpress uploads out onto drive D in the interest of saving space. Is there an easy way to do this given that Wordpress only wants relative paths?

or is it a better idea to attempt to move the entire site with the virtual directory creation?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:00 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I guess you could create a virtual folder within the Default Website\Blog context and change your settings to match it. Or as you say just move the whole blog structure to D: and create the Virtual Directory in IIS to point to it. The latter would probably be cleaner and keep everything together.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
jam3ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I am finally getting onto attempting to create my second wordpress site out on drive D. After a few hours of battling, I think I am close but not sure where to go from here. I have a shared folder on D called websites. Within that I created a folder we''ll call mynewsite. Using whiist I created a new site pointing there but with no pages or anything. I checked the box asking to allow to run asp applications. (wasn't sure on that one)

I then had an empty folder on D that I copied all the files from within /realestate into. Tried to access http://my.homeserver.com/mynewsite. I got the earlier poster's Directory Listing Denied error. I copied test.php in which worked fine. I added index.php to the default documents in IIS which got rid of the DLD problem.

I am now getting just a blank page. If I append index.php, still a blank page. I then appended wp-login.php which brought up the initial Wordpress page of "you need a wp-config.php file. Thought I had it made at this point. But when I tell it to create I get this message "Sorry, I can't write to the directory. You'll have to either change the permissions on your WordPress directory or create your wp-config.php manually."

Hope I have done everything right thus far and what is my next step?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:32 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Try assigning permissions to the folder for the IUSR_SERVERNAME with Change access.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thank you, but can you dumb that down for me please? :)

I've been trying to figure out how to do what you want based off the blog folder in wwwroot but not getting anywhere.

If I am understanding correctly, you want me to go to the properties of the mynewsite folder out on D, go to the security tab, highlight guest account, and then check some boxes below?

or am I completely off base?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:11 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I wasn't sure whether to change permissions for the virtual folder in IIS or the actual folder out on D, but it appears that changing either one does the other anyway. (which makes sense)

I now have permissions for the iusr server checked on boxes read&execute, list, read, and write. No change to wordpress error message.

Also tried giving it full control and that didn't seem to help. I have since changed it back to the 4 permissions listed above.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I'll install it on mine tonight to D and see if I can see what's going on.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:08 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thank you. I was about to go on to your other suggestion of "create a virtual folder within the Default Website\Blog context and change your settings to match it" for just the uploads and see if I could get anywhere. But happy to wait and see what you find. As you said, the virtual directory with the whole thing out on D should be a cleaner way to go.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next