It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 am 

Hi.

I am having trouble with the Remote Notification Add-In. It seems to be unable to send mail due to en string error?
Se picture.

Thanks for a superb forum!

Attachments:
home.gif
home.gif [ 44.58 KiB | Viewed 58194 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:08 am 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

First, fredrik. welcome to the world of WHS/MSS! Good to have you aboard!

The message is telling you that the email address is in an incorrect form. Take a VERY careful look at it and you will likely find an extraneous character in there somewhere. Also make sure there is no trailing space.

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 am 

Thank you. I now get the message sent notifiaction. But how do i get to my phone? I live in sweden and have telenor as mobile operator. Is it possible to get it to work?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 am 
Founder
Founder

From a quick Google search on "telenor email sms gateway" it looks like the telenor format is phonenumber@mobilpost.no .

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 pm 

Hi yakuza,

Thank you for this add-in! It looks to be exactly what I need.

However, I do have an enhancement request (surprise!). My Windows Home Servers are used exclusively for backing up business desktop computers. These computers don't have windows update turned on, and our antivirus software doesn't necessarily play nice with Vista's security center, so we get a LOT of alerts from the WHSes about these two issues.

It would be nice to be able to filter the types of notifications that we get to just backup (or lack thereof) notifications. I've tried doing it by telling the WHSes to ignore certain messages, but that's a on per-computer basis, and doesn't seem to stick.

Thanks!
--Ken

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the feedback, Ken, I've not heard this request before. Which specific message is the only one you want to see?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm 

I'm looking for the "X machine has not backed up in Y days" type of message. Couldn't care less about the "X machine has Windows Updates turned off" or "X machine's virus scanner is out of date." Of course, I'd like to see health status messages about the server as well, assuming those show up under that alert system. If not, well, we can't have everything!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:14 pm 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the additional detail. I'll consider it for a future update, however I have to admit it'd be a lower priority than the other features I'm currently working on.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:41 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I've had my HP MSS EX490 2-1/2 weeks now and I apologize for not reading all of the many pages in this thread - but I just installed the Remote Notification Add-In but it does not show up in any of the Tabs in the WHS console -- a few other Add-Ins have been no problem

It shows that it's been installed in the Settings/Installed Add-Ins but it's not in a Tab to choose from in the console's main GUI

If this info is related - After I installed it - I could not login to the Consloe from my W7 client PC - I had to access WHS/EX490 via Remote Desktop and shut down the server - then after the reboot, I could again use the Console from the client PC

Can someone please tell me what steps to take to make the Rem. Not.'s Add-In accessable and functional -- should I simple uninstall it - and re-install it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 pm 
Founder
Founder

This Add-In only displays in the Settings tab. :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:37 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
This Add-In only displays in the Settings tab. :)

Duhhh!! -- thank you Alex, I see it now :oops: - I must have had my head up a "dark place" :roll:

Much Appreciated!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 pm 

Alex, are any changes \ updates planned for this tool? I'd love the ability to filter the messages sent, based on the add-in that generated it, or text it contains.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:09 pm 
Founder
Founder

UberNewf wrote:
Alex, are any changes \ updates planned for this tool? I'd love the ability to filter the messages sent, based on the add-in that generated it, or text it contains.

I've not heard that suggestion before, you'd want to exclude certain messages from being emailed? Can you elaborate on what this might look like? If it was possible to configure multiple recipients, would you want the filter to apply on a per-recipient basis or globally to all recipients?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm 

My specific reasoning is this: I pop a DVD in the drive of my WHS to rip by the My Movies add-in and when that's done, the MM add-in posts an "at risk" message about the success of failure of that rip. I'd like that message in a txt message, and only that message.

MM doesn't send text messages. Your add-in sends text messages, but sends them all (well, I can filter on type, but not content). Here I sit, suck in the middle. ](*,) :-) I've not given any thought to the multiple recpts question as it does not apply to me.

BTW, I have 1.0.0.47. Is that the latest?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:22 pm 
Founder
Founder

Yes, that's the latest. I'll take this feature request under consideration, I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure when I'll have an update to release, though, so keep an eye on the site.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next