It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:15 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So I have been having an issue since i moved to WS2012e. I have lights-out installed and it seems to suspend and wake up correctly, except after wake up I can't reboot without the server hanging. When it hangs it disconnects the display I have connected to the debug board, disconnects any remote connections, and start what looks like a honest reboot. I till never finish and never boots bios. I have to hard shutdown the server to get back to the desktop. once it is rebooted it will reboot fine numerous time until it has to suspend again. shutdown works fine no issues at all.

I can't figure it out, I contacted Lights-out support and we couldn't figure it would. Thought it was network driver but I can't install the realtek driver from their website as its older then the ws2012e default driver. I also updated with the driver from windows update hoping that would help, it didn't.

Lights-out suggested trying hibernate instead of suspend. I am leary of hibernate as Ive only ever used suspend (even on WHS v1). I also remember years ago people saying hibernate was junk in windows. I don't know if this has been fixed or is anyone else has experienced the same issue with lights-out and rebooting.

I would be nice to resolve this incase I ever have to reboot away from home and i can't force a hard shutdown. that and I have an SSD I'm sure I'm not being kind to by doing this....

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:47 pm 

Gardian was able to get this done on his x510 but used different software. Check out what he did and see if it will work for you. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13235

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks