It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:03 pm 

Hi all,

I installed the MYSQL and PHP Add-In's by Add-In Authors: Nigel Wilks and Drashna Jael're.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5372

So much thanks for that! So I went to install the PHPMyAdmin tool and using the instructions here: http://dpotter.net/technical/2009/03/in ... nd-iis-60/ I ran into a snag when I attempt to logon to PHPMyAdmin (after removing the IE Extended Security windows component) - error related to "Requires PHP v5.3x-..." So i go and download the php-5.3.28-Win32-VC9-x86.zip and unzip it to root drive where the php5 folder was. I then edit the HKEY\LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP subkey PHP .ini file path to reference the PHP-5.2.8 folder There was no php.ini file, but there was a Devel and Poduction .ini file in there so i just renamed the prod one to php.ini.

Anyway,

IIS still gives me the same err msg. I find the PHP Manager for IIS tool, but it requires IIS 7. This little project is becoming quite the rabbit hole!

My concern is upgrading to IIS7 might break WHS console. Could use a little guidance here.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:01 pm 

I guess WHS ver1 is DEAD! Not one reply from this forum. Too bad.

Anyway, to resolve my problem I uninstalled PHPMyAdmin v 5.2.6 and installed an earlier version v 4.1.9(presumably one that was built to work with MySQL v5 (the aforementioned WHS Add-In) .

The next issue was editing the PHYMyAdmin config.inc.php file. I used std Notepad and got some functionality, but still some issues. So I am installing Notepad++ to deal with that.

3/8/2014 Update - Still having issues with PHPMYADMIN Setup script unable to save the file. There are at least 3 floating around in the phpmyadmin folders but i don't know which one is "production"! Today, when I click <Download> or <Load> on the seup page, it goes to \setup\config.php. Other docs said to use \config\config.inc.php & then copy it in the phpmyadmin root. So I edited \setup\config.php and copied it to the phpmyadmin root as config.inc.php. I also had to add a line for allow root and no password (for now). I then created the database using MySQL command line, and FINALLY, when I launched PHPMyAdmin I was able to logon and see my newly created database - time to create tables!!

...Now I know why Microsoft is king. I would have had this whole thing completed had I used SQLExpress!. I just didn't want to have to learn .ASP.

Thanks