It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I have tried [lights out = LO] version 1.5.3.and 1.5.4 same problem. I have posted in the support forums at wegotserved but thought I'd give it a shot here as well.
I have [2] HP X510 servers, both have WHS v1 with all the updates.
Server [A] is the main server with all clients on it and backing them all up. This server LO is setup in the calendar to uptime start at 6:00am boxed checked and Uptime end forced shutdown at 10:00pm. This main server wakes and shuts down as it should. It has a task setup for synctoy to sync all shared folders to Server [B] every 3 days.

Server [B] has no clients, it is just a standby server that I need to wake and shutdown just like the server (A). It is setup in the LO calendar just like server [A] but it will not wake, it will shutdown correctly but not wake. I believe it is because it has no clients or backups to preform. I do not use the client side app for LO, just need it to wake and shutdown when set to do so.

I have tried to create a wake time 6a, then a uptime 6a to 10p, then a shutdown time of 10p and that didn't work either.

How can I force it to wakeup at 6a and shutdown at 10p irregardless of weather it has clients and backups or not. The servers will never need to be waked in the off hours, or if it did, it would be with the power button.
Thx for any/all help

Edit:
Well, sometimes it's better to give up. I found this instead of lightsout, it's not a addin but it worked and it's free.
SmartPower
http://getsmartpower.co.uk/
I remote desktop-ed in and installed it and set it up to start at 06:00 and end at 20:00 and it did.
It has other features to, but I just wanted wake/sleep. Free is a bonus! \:D/
Edit:2
Here is a link over to software where I explain a little more about this SmartPower software.
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13235

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!